Camp Cameron
"To make the most of your life; make God's goal your goal."
well, I'm back and finally i'm working on my blog :D
Too much to write and really don't know where to start from.
Well, I shall summarize Camp Cameron on what I've learnt and the lessons I've hold on to and impacted me the most.
We've gone through:
1) Wordilicious Investigators:
investigating God's word inside out and speaking scriptures.
This really confirmed my doubt that speaking scriptures really is more efficient and the word will sink into our hearts more compared to just reading it silently.
2) The Chronicles of God and His Kingdom:
we went through the old testament and now realized, how important it is for us to know the old testament. there are so much fulfillment of God's words in new testament.
3) Redeeming Relationship:
we got to redeem relationships which we've swept under the carpet or chose to ignore or is still haunting us. we looked at ourselves, family, friends, courtship, gender, and the world.
I really love the whole series of redeeming relationship. It had been what i looked forward to every night.
Moments of craziness:
1) camp special
we'd Celebration of Colors (cultural night), Candid Camp (talent time with messy hair), Cheesy Concoction (lame skit)
2) Games
dodge ball, major ball, volley balloon
3) outing
BOH tea platation, tanah rata: the pancake and scorns are yummy~, Bharat tea plantation(picnic)
Time to share our hearts out:
1) Sembang sembe (our night, sharing with family members)
2) WWG (Walk With Grannie)
3) Girls' meeting time!
Well, though I'd been sick for almost whole of the camp, But I think i've learnt what God intended for me to learn:)
so ya, let's have a review of lessons
1) Trust & Obey
this old hymns of "trust and obey" kept on playing in my mind throughout the whole camp
well, I'm back and finally i'm working on my blog :D
Too much to write and really don't know where to start from.
Well, I shall summarize Camp Cameron on what I've learnt and the lessons I've hold on to and impacted me the most.
We've gone through:
1) Wordilicious Investigators:
investigating God's word inside out and speaking scriptures.
This really confirmed my doubt that speaking scriptures really is more efficient and the word will sink into our hearts more compared to just reading it silently.
2) The Chronicles of God and His Kingdom:
we went through the old testament and now realized, how important it is for us to know the old testament. there are so much fulfillment of God's words in new testament.
3) Redeeming Relationship:
we got to redeem relationships which we've swept under the carpet or chose to ignore or is still haunting us. we looked at ourselves, family, friends, courtship, gender, and the world.
I really love the whole series of redeeming relationship. It had been what i looked forward to every night.
Moments of craziness:
1) camp special
we'd Celebration of Colors (cultural night), Candid Camp (talent time with messy hair), Cheesy Concoction (lame skit)
2) Games
dodge ball, major ball, volley balloon
3) outing
BOH tea platation, tanah rata: the pancake and scorns are yummy~, Bharat tea plantation(picnic)
Time to share our hearts out:
1) Sembang sembe (our night, sharing with family members)
2) WWG (Walk With Grannie)
3) Girls' meeting time!
Well, though I'd been sick for almost whole of the camp, But I think i've learnt what God intended for me to learn:)
so ya, let's have a review of lessons
1) Trust & Obey
this old hymns of "trust and obey" kept on playing in my mind throughout the whole camp
Trust and Obey
For there's no other way
To be happy in Jesus
But to Trust and Obey
2) Talk things out
I've realized that throughout my 20 years of relationships either with family, friends...
My weakness is that I never talk things out.
Things kept in the heart sometimes when they're not poured out, often they will be piled up into mountains and hurt the relationship we're in.
So ya, I've made it a point to talk things out, to not being afraid of talking out the feelings deep in my heart to keep the relationship healthy and relate-able.
3) I can express myself too!
well, this sounds a bit weird but yea, I think i've been suppressing my emotions and expressions either intentionally or unintentionally.
I've this fear of being vulnerable once my feelings are exposed.
Throughout the whole camp I've learnt that I have no problem in expressing myself.
It is all about being myself and being carefree.
Don't let things, people, burdens or myself bring me down, but to be who I am all the time! :)
4) Focus on God
I named God- God of My Focus
well, I can say that the whole camp God is just teaching this one main thing to me which is to place my undivided attention on Him. I've been so distracted by many things, and by my own physical weaknesses, God'd non-stop trying to teach me how to shift my attention back to Him and everything is about Him and not any others.
5) "Let's pause, be at ease. God is still moving."
I just love this phrase. It is the best phrase for the lifestyle that I've been leading. I often do not know how to stop or even pause. I will keep myself occupied and once I slow down, I will feel the emptiness there, weird.
But I guess it is when we show down our pace and be still, then we'll be able to hear from God and know that He is God.
6) God wants us to be responsible Christians.
i have always been in my own circle, ignoring what is actually happening around me, in the world. God has spoken. He wants all of us to be responsible Christians. and I have these 2 burdens:
a) to connect the church back to the world
b) to come back and serve Malaysia no matter what
well, i guess this is the summary of my 3weeks in Cameron.
God is always moving.:)
few snapshots from Cameron:
Our family during Celebration of Colors
Our family's girls during camp closing banquet

Amen! Gotta love point 6b). We really need more of such young people in times like this :)
ReplyDelete