first week around Texas
God has been great to me, providing guardian angels wherever I am.
Praise God for it!
well, so far it has been good being in Texas.
I've nothing much to do but just to attend the orientation once in awhile, online, watch tv, cook ( i mean learn to cook), go around to get my groceries, bank account, phone number and etc.
i like it here cos it's like Malaysia. haha.
the weather is almost the same it's just that the sun can be scorching and penetrating your skin. but once you're indoor, it'll be just fine.
i'm currently staying with our fellow Malaysians who've been there for a year.
She has been real good bringing me around and showing me the routines and whereabouts.
I'll stay with her until Sunday which i'm only allowed to move into my on-campus housing at Rudder 235.
I've got to know my roommate but have not actually seen her in person yet. :)
what have i done so far? I've been to the New International Student Conference (NISC) and listen to the different talks about TAMU and been to Walmart to buy some necessities.
i've got my temporary phone number (prepaid) as i've not met anyone who's willing to share family plan with me yet. (Please do inform me if any of you have idea of people who's also looking for friends to share family plan with!^^)
i've so far, not used lots of money as I'm staying and eating in my friends' place. (too blessed x)
but i've got to learn my way around and got to get on my own live once i've moved into my new room.
well, school only starts on Aug30th. i'll see what i can do for these few weeks.
oh ya, i'm also praying for nice christian friends to hang around with.
and i'm looking for a church to attend this coming Sunday.
Do keep me in prayer for you guys who've read this. x)
thanks muchies!
a few snapshots of my journey to Texas:
Praise God for it!
well, so far it has been good being in Texas.
I've nothing much to do but just to attend the orientation once in awhile, online, watch tv, cook ( i mean learn to cook), go around to get my groceries, bank account, phone number and etc.
i like it here cos it's like Malaysia. haha.
the weather is almost the same it's just that the sun can be scorching and penetrating your skin. but once you're indoor, it'll be just fine.
i'm currently staying with our fellow Malaysians who've been there for a year.
She has been real good bringing me around and showing me the routines and whereabouts.
I'll stay with her until Sunday which i'm only allowed to move into my on-campus housing at Rudder 235.
I've got to know my roommate but have not actually seen her in person yet. :)
what have i done so far? I've been to the New International Student Conference (NISC) and listen to the different talks about TAMU and been to Walmart to buy some necessities.
i've got my temporary phone number (prepaid) as i've not met anyone who's willing to share family plan with me yet. (Please do inform me if any of you have idea of people who's also looking for friends to share family plan with!^^)
i've so far, not used lots of money as I'm staying and eating in my friends' place. (too blessed x)
but i've got to learn my way around and got to get on my own live once i've moved into my new room.
well, school only starts on Aug30th. i'll see what i can do for these few weeks.
oh ya, i'm also praying for nice christian friends to hang around with.
and i'm looking for a church to attend this coming Sunday.
Do keep me in prayer for you guys who've read this. x)
thanks muchies!
a few snapshots of my journey to Texas:
my first dinner-buka puasa meal. their cooking is impressive!
my new TAMU ID card
squarish buildings found in college station, TX (this is my friends' apartment which i'm staying in now)
looking 4wrd 2 try ur cooking nx time^^
ReplyDeletehaha! we shall have potluck if we get the chance ;)
ReplyDeletefood from all over the US? wow!!
ReplyDelete