Breakaway & The Star of Bethlehem
what happens every Tuesday?
Breakaway!
it all started in 1989 as a bible study group where 12 students worship and study the bible, it grew and grew and now, it's the largest weekly gathering group on campus for great worship and sharing!
to my surprise, Chris Tomlin attended Texas A&M and he was once the worship leader for breakaway.
"There I was in college at Texas A&M, leading worship for a Bible study called Breakaway." Chris Tomlin
Praise God for the opportunity for me to be involved!
(remembering that TAMU has never been the university that I wanted to attend. it was just another safety school I plan to apply to. and My choice was never to attend any university Alone..)
nevertheless, I'm once again assured of the purpose of Him sending me here :)
"It's about the awesomeness of God, and what He is doing and the person of Jesus Christ. That is what we want to celebrate. That is what we are going to be doing at Kyle." Ben Stuart (Executive Director for Breakaway)
they just launched their first album and sample music can be found in their link
Besides that, I've just attended the greatest scientific proof of the bible presentation for
"The Star of Bethlehem"
"Was the Star of Bethlehem a real astronomical event? A myth created by the early church? Explore the history and science for yourself..." Rick Larson, a former law professor at A&M.
http://www.bethlehemstar.net/
the fact and scientific proof given in the presentation just blows your mind away and made you stay in silent awe of God!
it's about the announcement of Christ's coming, the prophesy before and after, until the day of Christ's death.
The Star of Bethlehem
"After they had heard the king, they went on their way, and the star they had seen in the east went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was" Matthew 2
"On December 25 of 2 BC as it entered retrograde, Jupiter reached full stop in its travel through the fixed stars."
The Day of the Cross
Joel 2:10 says, "the sun and moon are darkened, and the stars no longer shine" and in verse 31, "The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the great and dreadful day of the Lord" (NIV; Isaiah 13:10)
33AD, April 3th, the day of the cross- solar eclipse
check this out, quick promo video in facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/bethlehemstar#!/video/video.php?v=1504078238473
Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel
Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still
Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all
Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still
Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all






i like the song... very touching!
ReplyDelete(I just watched a video recorded by Uncle Jim when he came to our house back in 1998 - it's truly inspiring to see all three of us back then)
i like the song... very touching!
ReplyDeleteBTW, possible to get me a copy of the published paper on the topic of Bethlehem star?
Hi Lerdie, Makmai enjoy reading your blog! Praise God for a 'God conscious' daughter! I am very proud of you and thank God for blessing,guiding,caring,protecting and most of all equipping you for your future ministries!This is a journey of FAITH, our future is a piece of beautiful puzzle picture in God's hand,when we walk faithfully in His plan according to His will, the pieces will be place accordingly and when the final piece is done,wow! Mission accomplish! Our Heavenly Father will proudly declare..."My Good and Faithful servant...." All the best for your future undertaking and wishing you a Blessed,happy and joyous New Year 2011!
ReplyDelete