Walking into ministries
Thanks for the free response ya'll have given to my last post.
believe it or not, it helped a lot. (honest)
I guess sleeping helps a lot too. xD
well, i'm still praying about it and yeap!
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11
-keeping this in mind :)
_______________________________________________
Well for today. this is what i've got:
and thinking back, even before i have this new year resolution, Last year December, out of no where, I thought of helping out in the kids Sunday School and so I asked my friend if i can attend to observe for once.
The arrangement was somehow postponed to last week Jan16 and when i got home, i asked God once again and guess what was that day's devotion?
"a Child's potential" -our daily bread.org
“Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it” (Prov. 22:6)
and straight after i do my devotion, my friend called to ask if i'm really interested in helping out in the kids sunday school, telling me that it's a commitment and asking what i think about it.
I agreed.
Ta~Daa!
and here it is, the worker application and commitment form to serve in the church.
i didn't know that agreeing to help in the kids ministry means automatically being in the choir too?
lol. and that means my Sunday just turned from 9-11am to 9-2pm
(9-11am English main service, 11-1pm kids Sunday school in Mandarin service, 1-2pm choir practice)
of course, I reminded myself that serving is not a bed of roses.
I haven't even started officially, my mind is reminding me of the potential troubles coming in my way. ha!
but as long as it's God's will. Here I am!
my friend just shared about how taxing serving might be sometimes, but it's a privilege to be able to have the opportunity to serve in this Mandarin Church which we can hardly get in the English main service. (agree totally) and of course,
'the field is plenty but the workers are few'
I can't believe it all happened so soon, i had just drafted my new year resolution few weeks ago and here it is,
it's like God's saying "you asked for it? there you go!"
Lol. of course He's saying in a nicer way.
well, i foresee a super busy and packed semester ahead.
once again, i've learnt to pray before i make every decision and to trust as I continue my journey :)
安慰 assured
:D
ReplyDeleteGood to see ya going into service once more! I'm sure you'll make a fine Sunday school teacher :)
ReplyDeleteAhhh, I can't give you any advice on which science course to pursue, but all I gotta say is continue trusting in Him that no matter which path you take, He'll make sure you'll come out good from it. Everyone has a point in time where the future seems to be so cloudy and uncertain. I'm also currently in a crossroad but I know He'll lead all of us through the right path like the good shepherd :)
Glad to know you are enjoying life in His abundant blessing.Lots of excitement and challenges ahead but with God all things are possible!Claim this promises daily and you will experience more blessing and peace within...(Joshua 1 :8-9)'Be strong and of good courage!Meditate upon the Word of God day and night,being careful to do according to all that is written in it.Then you will be prosperous and successful.'
ReplyDelete