Finally an official cook!

After waiting patiently for a year, I get the chance to have my own kitchen and yay!!!! first properly cooked meal in my life. should I mark this date down in my calender? xD
funnily enough, when i ponder back at how much I wished to move out last semester but God stopped me :?
Last semester, i wanted to move to the other closer and more expensive off-campus apartment, but funnily enough, I applied so early but still didn't get it.
well, if I've gotten that, I wouldn't have found this place with these awesome roommates :)
I'm living in a 4bed, 4bath apartment with 3 other girls: 2 Asian American girls and 1 Taiwanese + ME (Malaysian).
I'm nicely satisfied with where I am right now.
Interesting enough as well, God somehow arranged and allowed me to have my own decisions at the same time.
Okay, so when people ask me who am i living with.
"I don't know all my roommates before I moved in" They would give me a surprise look.
"well, but now i know them :) "
I really don't know any of them before this. but believe it or not,
among the 50thousand+ students in A&M...
I have met ALL 3 of these girls before.
I've met this one girl from the Asian American Inter varsity that I've attended only once and even had a lil talk with her. (but I totally forgot bout that till I meet her again in this apartment)
and I met this other girl during a Christmas party last year in a friend's place. She's a friend's friend. (similar case, totally don't rmb till I meet her again here)
and I've heard so much about this other girl who's D's friend, and I believe D had introduced her to me once? (D is one of the first friends I've met once I came here)
okay, let me think again.
Wait. If this is not awesomely arranged, what else could this be??
haha. nothing to say. Praise God! Thank you God for watching over me :)

oh ya! totally side-tracked. I was about to talk about my awesome dishes!
Here you go!


Healthy dish of chinese stir-fry vege (imitation) with potato, carrot, vege, minced beef
yummy chopped fish fillet seasoned with my roommates' seasoning powder(ops! pinjam guna sikit) and I'm too excited to prepare all the dishes that I've forgotten to cook rice. So, luckily I bought some tacos. and there you go, melted cheese on top of slight crispy tacos wrap.
hmm. I'm satisfied ^^

Comments

  1. Hi girl,at 1st look the colour of the green veg was a bit over cook. Normally veg is soft and need shorter time to cook.Cook the stem 1st then the leaves.Don't over cook as to maintain the nutrients.Well done. glad to know you learn to enjoy cooking your own dish. By no time you will be a better cook. Keep it up! When you are free just Google check Chinese recipe,try to cook some stuff which you long for! The portion look quite big,do you intend to eat for two meals? Watch up for your weight, ha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy for u=D..next time can cook for me ad..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job hamster! They really are an improvement since the days of pasta cooking during committee retreat..haha =p

    Continue to try out different recipes and don't be afraid to be experimental. I certainly learnt to cook some new dishes in Britain by trial and error ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment