First Time

Do you ever remember your first time?
When you recall, most of them are just silly moments and they definitely can fit into the 'most embarrassing stories' from your book of life

hmm, so, I was trying to open the dishwasher but I tried too hard and it wouldn't open. I tried my best so that I don't have to ask my roommate (especially when all her friends are at the living room visiting her). but to no avail, so I ask
"T, I think there's some problem with the dishwasher? I can't open after closing it"
"Dish washer?" She walked to the kitchen, place her hand on the handle, and opened it with hardly any strength used. She laughed and said "you just have to press the thing in the middle"
her friends were laughing.
Lol. "that's funny" I replied *embarrassment #1*

I cooked and was so satisfied with my cooking and was ready to wash the dishes when the smoke detector went off and it was deafening! Ngiao ngiao ngiao ngiao!!!
I was like Oh~ohh! Big time trouble. nobody was in the house. and I looked around. trying to figure out what i can do. surprisingly, my instinct told me to grab a chair, reach up to the detector and I saw a button 'PUSH TO STOP'. I pushed it. it rang even louder. Oh Gosh!
I looked around and saw another detector at the door step (maybe this is the one that went off), so i brought the chair and push the stop button here instead. Ngiao nggiao ngiao..... and it stopped! FUHH! Thank God!

I came out from the bathroom and closed the door. lying on the bed and only realized I haven't brushed my teeth yet. Lazily, I got up and tried to get into the bathroom again, but I can't seem to open the door! oh no. what happened? looked like the door is locked from the inside. did i forget to unlock it before closing the door? I have no idea. but i'm too sleepy. so i prayed that I will be able to open it tomorrow morning and went to sleep just like that.
tomorrow morning, I woke up at 10am (having an appointment with my friend at 10.30am)
I still can't open the door. oh no! this is not good. nobody's at home. or rather one of them is still sleeping. what can i do? I called my friend who's in the same apartment complex(but different unit) to ask if she know who i can contact to get the maintenance and repair team. but she said she's no idea and that i should look online. i went online but to no avail, they only provide the marketing lady's contact info. Gosh! this is no good. how am i going to get into my bathroom? I haven;t even brush my teeth yet.
i walked aroud the house, praying and thinking what I can do. and I found a screwdriver at the kitchen. *ding ding*
let me be the technician this time. I believe I can do it on my own!
screwing and unscrewing. I unscrewed my main door's knob too, just to check how it works. then try it on my bathroom door




Good news in the end! I managed to earn my own way into the bathroom! YAY! and i screwed everything back. everything is now as good as new! :D

Comments

  1. I'm so tempted to laugh and type "that's so you"

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha good job jia lerd on the fire detector and doorknob! i've also had many funny embarassing experiences~! (like breaking the key to apartment back door, burning claypot while cooking porridge, getting locked in friend's dorm, getting on right bus but in wrong direction, and more)

    they are what makes life interesting right? and we will recount those memorable experiences after college :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, lerdie is like handy"man" now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol..*agrees with Pencil Jon* That's really so you! One of the many amusing stories in hamster's daily life.

    Next time hamster can try to defuse bombs already with the screwdrivers..hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha.... very exciting and challenging happenings!So you spent most of your free time DIY and discover your hidden potential??This is life, you will be smarter,wiser and more stable(less panic) when caught in an unexpected situation. Well done, stay calm and say a prayer(Jer 33:3)'Call unto me and I will answer you and tell you Great and unsearchable things you do not know.'

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment