I got a job! :D

Praise God for everything.
I was just thinking about the peace that I had even at the beginning when I thought of having a job for summer.
This is what my prayer is:
1) I want to have an office work
2) I am expecting it to be part-time
3) I only wanna work for the summer
Am I too bold to be honest to those employers by saying that I'd only wanna work for the summer but not interested in continuing for regular semesters? Am I too bold to reject an interview which offers a full-time lab position? I don't know where I get the guts from.
I think I would call it FAITH.
believing in what you do not see.

This is the kinda peace that I had when I was waiting for JPA.
I don't know where God is gonna lead me, but I prayed and I knew that I am gonna get some kind of scholarship somewhere that will send me oversea to study. because that was what I've prayed for.
I have the peace. I am just waiting for it.

It is the same here.
I just talked to my friend who had suggested me Not to mention that I only wanna work for the summer; instead, just come out with some excuse when the semester starts and find ways to quit the job after summer. I don't feel right, I said.
I just wrote an email rejecting the interview for the full-time position in lab yesterday night. telling God that I am still believing and still waiting.
I was still in bed this morning when my phone rang at 10am.
This lady who'd interviewed me last time called me and asked if i'm still interested in the position. (she was very fond of me but couldn't hire me for the first position cos they wanted a student worker who can work for the whole year. so she asked me to try applying for another position instead and wait if there might be a chance that they would need people for only summer)
I sat up, tried not to sound sleepy and said "yea sure! anytime today or tomorrow would be fine"
so we're set. 2.30pm it is.
I went through another interview and most of the questions turned out to be the same
when i talked about my voluntary experience, I said that I'm helping out in the kid's sunday school in Grace Bible Church and this other lady is giving me a big grin.
I stopped and looked at her.
She giggled and said that " I thought you might wanna know that I attend Grace Bible Church too"
(awesomeness)
and so, I had my chance of asking questions and thanked them when i walked out of the room, being informed that they will give me a call if they wanna hire me.

I felt happy. went to the bank, still planning on going to this other building and pick up their job application letter when I saw that I have a misscall.
Oh! the library lady called me. it was just 30min after the interview.
Did i forget something or she pressed the wrong number.
So i called back
"Is this Jia? I was wondering if you're still interested in the Library position that we have interviewed you? We would like to offer that position to you. "
"Oh!! Yes! I am! Thank you so much!" totally unexpected that the decision was made so soon, I was actually crossing the road and then decided to stand at the corner of Subway just to hear clearer of what she's saying.

I was just bouncing as I was walking to the post office after that.
Saying profusely in my heart "I knew it! Thank you God! Thank you Jesus!" :D

Comments

  1. CONGRATULATIONS on the job~~~!!! Really, thank God for the opportunities he's giving us =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Jia" interesting how our names are so strange to them and likewise..

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!
    Enjoy your working life with God's special Grace, protection and most of all JOY!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment