the Aftermath
within 30 min after I typed the previous blog post.
I was thinking, getting a job and start working wasn't that easy after all.
the department requires 5-20days of processing, by the time my documents are ready, it's about a week left till July. (given that they approve me of my job, of course; otherwise, don't even dream about earning my own money)
just then, i received a call from this lady from my church, and she asked if i'm interested in taking care of the kids on Saturday night (when the church is having family fellowship. it's only one Saturday every month).
and I was thinking, yea, I can do that. I don't have anything On on Saturdays.
and she explained that she understands the life of an undergraduate, not having income, having own school work and such, and that she'd talked to the fellowship and they agreed to give a small amount of 'thankyou gift' or rather known as salary? to the student who helped out.
oh wow! I'm kinda blown away by that.
and I just said "How bout I helped but I don't think I'll receive that offering. Since it's just one saturday per month, it's not like it's taking up much of my time. I think i can do that."
she insisted. and she said it's a very small amount. just take it.
"okay. Thanks."
*shrug*
Hello God! God up there, God everywhere.
You just wanna show me that You're really there huh?
Okay! I trust You. please handle my life for me then.
I'm telling you that I'm letting go, as in Everything, every part.
You can take it and make the best outta it right?
:)
I trust You.
*whisper* Thank You!
chehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. orang offer ambik la. rezeki bah.
ReplyDeleteyou sounded like my National Service jurulatih! I had always been wondering why did he say that. mind enlightening me? What's the reason behind this saying?
ReplyDeleteMengapa orang beri rezeki, kita mesti ambil?
soalan yang baik... I don't think there's any "law" that says that when "orang beri rezeki, kita mesti ambil". It's more of a general narrative or principle that most people hold when it comes to money.
ReplyDeleteActually, I've met quite a few people who refuse to take any money from anyone else, not even borrow. Just because she wants to be free from all obligations.
Makmai experience a few cases when I said "No" to the offer either in the form of $ or gifts, the giver got offended and felt rejected. Now I learn to appreciate their kind intention and accept the offer, I will bless others who has greater needs instead.
ReplyDeleteIt is more blessed to give than to receive, so Makmai receive 1st then only give/bless those who are really in need!