My Job

Some has been asking bout my job and how did it go. Thanks for the concern :)
So the nature of my job is working in the library backstage:

checking in books,
making bar-codes,
arranging them on the cart and bringing it up for book-arranging department
picking up books from book-drops from different locations in the library,
driving around campus to pick up books from book-drops in different locations in the campus (But I don't have a license(yet), i just help the driver)
helping my supervisors...

Honestly it is a very relaxing job. I really like it.
Though sometimes (like these few days), it can get real bored cos the library is updating the system and we can't process anything in the computer till it's done.
When it gets boring, I feel more tired and sleepy.
and we (student workers) get 15min paid-break for every 4 consecutive hours we work.
There is microwave, toaster, fridge, vending machine, staff lounge...
sometimes I just take that 15min to nap on the couch.
and many of the times, I just read my online courses online and check my mail (we're allowed to do that as long as we get our job done)
haha. too spoiled.

The best and most comforting thing is that my supervisor is awesome!
She once offered to fetch me to work on Saturday cos buses don't run on weekends during the summer. she said she'd done that for other students too. nice!
She brings snacks, pretzels, chocolates, and sweets to treat us.
She always remind me to remember to take my 15min paid-break! Aw!
She emailed me to remind me not to do work at home. only do the assigned task when i'm working.
She always asked me how's my day and she's funny and smiley all the time.
I have learnt that both of her sons served as armies (one of them is still in the army now) and her daughter-in-law is from the Philippines and her birthday is early June (June14 if i'm not mistaken? when I first started working. I greeted her and she was so surprised that I remembered. )
She naturally assumed that I had known somethings in the library (cos back in the interview, I told her I was a librarian during high school and that I spend most of my time in the library since I came here) and I liked that :D
I overheard her telling her colleague that it's really easy to train me. *fly*

hmm well, though I do get negative response from my friend
"a library job? on campus? Nothing much.." :/ (I do not appreciate that despiser)
But honestly, I really like my job! I think that it's the best job I can ever get on campus.
I actually rmb thinking to myself, if i wanna work on campus, the library is a good place.
and hearing from my friend that
"you got a job in the library? my friend has been wanting a job there. How do you get it? What do you work as?"
woah, make me happy xD
but even on my own, I'm happily satisfied and know that I'm blessed enough to get a job and furthermore, it's something that I enjoy and I truly learnt a lot :)
Thank you God!

Comments

  1. "I do not appreciate that despiser" - Lol! Must have been a bad boy/girl to give such unconstructive feedback to hamster xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. wow. that's all you do? that's awesome man. and you get paid a lot for it! lol. sheesh. hopefully i can work for the newspaper too. :P sigh. pinky, we need to talk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always very important to have JOY in doing your work, for it will help you to start your day with a sweet SMILE!

    May The Lord continue to shower His richest Blessing unto you!

    All the Best for your English and History online course.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment