Not that simple.
well, good news that I've got a job. now what? Oh, I'm an international student, not only that, I'm a sponsored student with J-1 visa.
Not too good of a news.paper works, application, approval, updating from the government department, reviewing and checking my status and the job offer. Gosh! How else can this be more complicated?!
Thought that I can start my job today but ended up with so many unpredictable paper works.
The two library ladies are still so polite, apologizing to me that they have no clue that hiring a J-1 student requires more paper-work and effort.
They promised to get me back in, and said sorry to have kept me waiting cos of the procedure.
I'm like. wow. I should be the one who's 'paiseh' (feeling sorry), because of the decision of hiring me, they have so much extra work to do.
anyway, the dreading part is dealing with Sponsored student program and the international student services. They are known to be the most inffective department in the whole campus. They are well-known for that. I've heard from my friends who said that she had to go to their office for 3 times in 2 weeks to get them started on her paper-work; some say that calling everyday helps a bit in getting them starting on your paper-work; some say, just straight away go bug them in their office everyday until your paper-work is finished processing.
Oh no!! Do they even realized that the whole world is waiting for their one little signature to get it rolling? (not forgetting to mention that the SSP lady-in-charged is not in her office for the whole week, again.)
I'm just hoping that for once, for at least once, they can get this procedure rolling out fast!
don't waste my whole month on waiting for their paper-work and ending up I just have July and half of August to work,
and most importantly, please, for goodness sake, approve my job offer!! don't give last-minute nonsense reason and reject a J-1 student from working.
I've good memory proof that the lady had once told me in April 2011 that I can go ahead and apply for any on-campus job as long as they employ me.
She better keep to her words!*grunt*
Lord, I know that you are the one who'd provided me the job. You will make it come true no matter what. I trust in your I.M.possible power to make it come true. Give me peace once again, knowing that you will and you have taken care of everything. Amen.
Lord, I know that you are the one who'd provided me the job. You will make it come true no matter what. I trust in your I.M.possible power to make it come true. Give me peace once again, knowing that you will and you have taken care of everything. Amen.
True enough, Heavenly Father answer your prayer request just in His Time!Be thankful and do share what is the structure of your part time job?
ReplyDelete