June 30th

LOL. seriously?
I got an A for my texas government politics class O.O (90.46%)
Hahahahha!
This is totally unbelievable for me!

Looking at the powerpoint slides while doing sit-ups,
flipping through the textbook chapters while watching korean drama,
finding answers from google during the quiz and test
(Ops! but it's an online course, they should've known better that students will do that. recalling the course syllabus, they didnt' forbid us from doing that though)
reading through my friend's past year exams

Arh??
well, firstly, Praise God for it! I said a short prayer whenever I press the 'begin' button for my quiz/test
"God, help me please."
Lol. so, really thank God for it.
and plus the fact that i'm taking it from a community college! lol. yea, that's the major reason.
Comparing the standard of the test and course with the US government politics that I took last year, this is really peanut level :/

Before this,I was actually thinking that i just want a C to pass then the credit can be transferred to A&M (only the credits, without the grades, isn't it good? :P )
But all of a sudden I thought of JPA!!
Oh no! they would want me to submit my result by the end of summer.
what am i going to say to them if i get a C?
Oh Greattt!

But surprisingly, YAY!!!
well, anyway,I'm done with politics forever and ever :DDDD
(actually I realized that I'm really quite interested in politics,
and I kinda told my friend, who knows, she might vote for me in years to come. lol. joking!)
okay. Yay! One down, two more to go! (english and history)
____________________________________________

oh btw, today I realized one simple fact about myself:
I tend to perceive words spoken in direct, straightforward manner much better.
and simply put, I naturally tune-off when words are spoken in lengthy, detailed, repetitive manner.
haha! Now I understand why I find certain people too naggy and I always appear to be listening while floating off :P
Not intentionally though! My brain really shuts off when words are spoken in long, precise, and seemingly in an unending-way

so what happen in work today was that, as usual, I ask question when I do not understand certain things. (better to be dumb then do the wrong things)
so I asked this middle-aged man officer just simple question like this
" So can the patron check out their book even if we haven't finish processing it?"
All I need is a 'Yes' or 'No' and if you wish, elaborate a little.
but he used 30min answering that short question of mine!! and the more he answered, the more questions I have. Oh Gosh! and I just float away with my mind, and constantly remind myself to look at him once in awhile to act like I'm listening.

not only that, after his lengthy explanation, he caught hold of another officer and asked him to explain the same things to me *faint*, and he moves on to my supervisor, and asked her my question again. Arghhhhhhhhhhh!!!
I get it! I get it! the answer is a 'Yes'! That's ALL I need!!! GOSH!
thank God my supervisor is direct. She said "Yes" and gave One sentence of explanation and continue with her work.
I'm like 'thank God!'
I turned to the officer (man) and said "Okay. I get it now. Thanks!"
and walked swiftly back to my seat. *sweat*

Later on, I went to bring a cart of books out for arrangement.
and Oh NO! He started again
"Jia, there, I was just explaining that for this cart of books, we usually only take it out one day after the date is stamp....bilibala"
OPS! My mistake. totally my mistake! there and then only I realized, oh ya, one of the 100+sentence that he'd just said consist of that information.
I cut him off and said
"Oh yea! We only bring it out tomorrow. Okay, thanks!"
and went back to my seat.

(Fuh~ at least now I understand my tuning-off system better.
ok, ok, yea, yea, i'll Try to work on it. pfft!)
anyway, yay! korean drama time!!! i'm done with Princess hours and Lie to me, now Full House :DDD
Dada~

Comments

  1. oh geez. you only realize your system NOW? lol. i did tell you before, no? XD mmm. this is why you have no patience with certain law students. *cough cough ahem ahem* to be honest, i doubt you'll have patience with Brit-educated students. XD diorang punya essay boleh jadi tissue roll. XD

    i say, NO NEED TO WORK ON IT. pishposh. what for? people will NAG MORE if YOU accommodate to them. just smile, cut them off politely and CABUT. kautim lor. XD

    anyway, i find it interesting to note that you've lowered your standards. CONGRATULATIONS, JOIN THE CLUB! FREE MEMBERSHIP. =D C eh? lol. ah. hopefully my english get A. =S although i've been slacking ALOTTTT. >< harap2. *crosses fingers*

    ReplyDelete
  2. or, or, DO WHAT I DO.

    lol. my aunt nags on and on and on and on. not just her la, my other aunt and my grandma oso like that. >< anyway

    i just let myself drift away. think of something nice, not too funny (just in case you laugh or something then they know you're not listening and they'll restart!), and hopefully nothing related. then they will ask... "You hear me? Got listen?" i just "NGHHH. MMM." Kautim. :D and then cabut, ask someone how to do the things. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOOOIIII kumang! Nak cari pasal arh? lol xD I'm long-winded only in my writing, but rarely in my speech.

    Haha..anyways, congrats on your results hammie! And does this mean will I see a YB Ng Jia Lerd in the Parliament for Ipoh Barat/Timur in the future? xD

    Btw, your narrative writing is really quite interesting and entertaining to read. Perhaps a hidden talent in writing? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulation for scoring an A!
    Hope you will have the opportunity to sign up for CPE (Clinical Pastoral Education) course where you will learn self awareness and self development,discovering your strength and weaknesses, learning the listening skill as to improve your communication skills!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hohoho makmai promoting her CPE!!
    Congratulations Lerdie for the A. But as you've said so yourself, it's a community college so possibly your fellow class mates are not all university students like you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment