my problem is not having a problem?
I like to share their load and pray with them.
I like it when they are comfortable sharing with me.
But one thing always bothers me is that when they ask
"How about you? Do you have anything going on?"
I'm not trying to be too perfect and it's not that I do not want to share.
But I can't find anything to share.
What can I say? What should I say?
My work? yea, it's going fine.
My relationship? Mmm, nothing much.
My studies? So far it's good cos its summer. If it's during regular semester, I can grumble a lil and say I need your prayers for my test coming up, and it's really hard. (seriously, this is the only topic that I have stuff to share with my friends. Not much though. I can't be complaining about how hard it is everytime I see them. so the conversation shortens to...
'yea, it's really hard, and i'm having this deadline for assignments, but I'm praying and hopefully I can do better in it during the next test. Pray for me.'
My family?
"they're doing good, busy as usual. yea, you can pray for my grandma..."
My friends? yea, i'm keeping them in prayer.
"So how about you? how's things going?"
and there I go, naturally and automatically tuning myself into a listener. I am comfortable with it though.
and there I go, naturally and automatically tuning myself into a listener. I am comfortable with it though.
but here is the problem when I don't have a problem to share.
things can go pretty wrong for me sometimes but it's never too wrong that I can't tell God about it. I tell God, I tell my family, I tell one/two friends. That's it.
I don't find a point to dwell in the same problem and re-tell everyone who expects me to share.
You might be wondering why do i find not sharing a problem.
cos as friends, we need to learn to be vulnerable in front of others.
My friends can share their problems with me once in awhile but later on they'll feel that they're troubling me. cos they're always needing me to listen but I have nothing to share to them
Quite a few said "Sorry. I'm always the one talking."
"It's okay. I like listening."
"I just feel sorry that I'm rambling off to you again. So, how are you? anything going on for you?"
"I just feel sorry that I'm rambling off to you again. So, how are you? anything going on for you?"
"hmm, my work is good. studies is fine. Hmm......nothing much actually"
*Shucks!*
I'm stuck again.
Sometimes I think, is it because I'm too optimistic about things, which makes everything bad seems okay and alright and isn't a problem anymore.
or is it that my memory of my own experiences and feelings is really that bad? that I don't remember and never pay attention to what really went wrong for me.
or am i subconsciously comparing my problem to theirs and there I think, my prob is just peanut, nothing much, not worth even mentioning.
or.... what else could it be?
So, is my problem: Not having a problem?
Hang on there Lerdie. Haha, I used to be like you. Things were so smooth sailing that I don't have much to talk about. Some times it's also because the things that I'm interested in, no one else around me seems to be really interested in it.
ReplyDeleteBut it all changed when I came to Eusoff Hall. Things start be have a bit more friction when you are actively involved in a community. Difference in opinions, arguments, decision making etc.
Enjoy your unique peace now! Be steadfast and hang on tight to your seats (and God) when things start flying towards you.
LOL. indeed. You know what... a lot of people would gladly give up their problems to be like you. Seriously.
ReplyDeleteLol? then you must have changed. the hamster I knew always had some sort of problem. haha
ReplyDeleteyou are one lucky girl..lol
ReplyDelete