Last day of work


It's my last day of work.
though i've just worked for the summer, but i can't help but develop a nostalgic feeling when I know that I'm leaving.
I have an awesome adviser. One who always bring us snacks, one who reminds us to take our break, one who always ask 'how are you' not just for courtesy-sake.
I made a 'Petronas twin tower' themed farewell card, reminding that there used to be an international student from Malaysia who worked with them :)
It's true that people prefers to hire locals cos hiring international students (especially sponsored students) requires too much documentation and procedure and we're not work-study students (where govt pay half of your salary and the company pay another half. only applies to PR or citizens)
When i was hired, the library employment office lady told me that it has been years since they last hired another J-1 visa student. That explains why there are so many problems and delay when it comes to documenting me as a student worker.
Well, I hope that I've left them good impression enough to pave the path for other J-1 students to be hired too :)
I certainly has made lots of good friends and connections by working there. Though I'm not super-duple friendly type who talks a lot to everyone but at least I smile and say hello to them and talk when there's chances.
When I leave, these ladies gave me huge hugs and ask me promise to drop by their office during regular semesters and haul at them when I see them in church.
aw. sweet.
I somehow believe that I wont get a chance to work with them again. since...
Winter 2011: California trip
Summer 2012: internship?
Winter 2012: back to Malaysia
Summer 2013: graduation
unless i plan to work when i'm taking classes during regular semesters. but for that, i'll see how it goes. Since I'm still sticking to my concept of taking it in a relaxing manner.
All in all, thank God for such an awesome experience! :)

I brought this home for memory.


Meanwhile, we had our first ICF (international christian fellowship) for the Fall semester on Friday. It was awesomme!! Praise the Lord! there were around 10 or more countries of students there if i'm not mistaken.
Let me count: US, Mexico, Malaysia, Indonesia, Iran, India, South Korea, China, Sri Lanka, Chad, Barbados, Guatemala... (and more)
wow! amazing!
A great time to worship God and get to know new interesting friends from all over the world.
and praise God that there is a Christian couple from Malaysia who just arrived few weeks ago and that they managed to make it to ICF yesterday night. Truly hope that they have a good time, like I always do :)

and oh well! Summer, summer, summer! Summer is finally over!
Come'on Jia Lerd! Buckle up! time for the Fall semester, and time for school. ><
(Hey! Don't gimme that look!)
Okay, time for school! :}

Comments

  1. haul - should be hail.

    there's a chance. not there's chances. =P practicing before i go to work tomorrow. :P weeeeeeeeeeeee. can't wait for cali trip!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment