News-of-the-day

I've hesitated whether to drop the 'Women Psychology' class.
Cos the professor told us that we're expected to have taken PSYC 107 (basic psychology) class and she would assume that we understand all the basics as she teaches and she warned us that the average of the class is a C.
wow. that's kinda shocking.
I have never taken any basic psychology class and another fact is that I would need a class to help pump up my physics GPA. not to bring it down.
but this class really captivates me and I can see that I will look forward to attending it no matter how hard the tests are.
After some research and try-outs of different classes, I still settled for this class and
tell you what---
No Regrets! :D

So today, we learn about the difference between men and women.
Prof gave a few simple Visual-Spatial test to us.
(Visual spatial ability= the ability to mentally manipulate 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional figures)
and she said that research has proven that men are generally better at this.
so we discussed about why and whether gender are really a socially/culturally defined group or it is biologically determined.
btw, check out the free visual-spatial test at
and guess what, I got my score
Wow! Your score on the test was the top of the charts, meaning you have an excellent repertoire of spatial skills.
haha. i'm not boasting. please let me further explain this.


Follow my instructions and examine yourself :
(this test is generally for Girls, but Guys, feel free to try)
1. raise up the hand that you write with
2. put it in front of you with the back of your hand facing you
3. look and observe the difference in length between your index and ring finger.
digit-ratio experiment
if there are very little differences between the length of those two fingers,
you are good at visual-spatial test and tend to have more 'male' qualities or interests
if there are significant differences between the length of those two fingers,
you tend to fair badly at visual-spatial test and have more 'female' qualities: you tend to like red/pink, like hair-do, nail painting...

and the fun thing is that: No, you're not fooled by any 'palm-reading' or traditionalist superstitious belief.
Mind you, this is a repeatedly proven research in the biological psychology field. (it's related to a hormone called Androgen)
(I have almost similar length of both index and ring fingers. Now, it explains my score and my major :/ )
Fun isn't it? Ask your friend to try it. Just have to ask their major and their favorite color and check their fingers length. haha (might not be too accurate unless you know their personality well)

___________________________________________________________


On a separate occasion,
I feel that my lack-of-alertness often put me in situations where I can't help but to laugh at my own foolishness.
1st occasion:

Both of my classmates were talking about this man. I didn't quite catch the name that he mentioned (or rather haven't heard of that name before) but they were giving comments like
"He is quite popular right, I just saw the recent..."
"Yea, yea. He knows how to talk and those people who listens to him will just think that he is good."
"It's funny that he always say something that's anti-America."
"aih, I don't know, he just have his own way... He knows how to make the people like him."
They proceeded with the conversation and I tried to figure out who they are talking about. Then I asked,
"Is he a stand-up comedian?"
My friend burst out laughing and left me sitting there in silly and blushing smile "What?"
"Hugo Chávez-The Venezuela president
"I wish that he is a stand-up comedian too" said my Venezuela friend.
and they continued laughing.
I felt so stupid.
But I can't help but to laugh at myself too.

2nd incident:
I still can't help but to expose my emotions through my body language. Can't seem to hide my 'guilty face'
We're in the first bible study and we played a game "Signs"
To summarize it, the group stood in a circle and the person in the middle 'It' is supposed to guess who passed on the signs.
So when I was having the sign, 'It' looked at me coincidentally but my nervousness caused me to turn my head away and act as if I'm looking elsewhere but
Goodness!! what a stupid 'act as if i'm looking elsewhere'!
When i looked back, my face was all-written, 'I AM HAVING THE SIGNS!!!'
the 'It' laughed out loud and the whole group was laughing and obviously, I became the 'It' the next round. (sweat face)
Can't believe I'm being so easily-told-off!!!! (again)

Comments

  1. one, you think like a man, apparently. XDDDDDDDDDDDD
    two, you are horrible at poker faces now. we'll fix that, once i get my hands on u. XD
    three, LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. HUGO CHAVEZ - VENEZUALAN STAND-UP COMEDIAN. AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Maddie Why would someone be proud of having a poker face? It's good to be authentic and true. Nothing to hide.

    Anyway, I just found out that my index finger and ring finger is indeed of the same length. Looks like I'm gonna spend my whole day today looking at other people's fingers, hohogo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Joshua - We have a mutual friend at Inti who's ze champion of all poker faces and it's difficult to squeeze any information out of him or know when he's playing a prank..haha

    Lolll...agrees with Maddie - Hugo Chavez + Stand-up comedian = legendary combo..hahahaha!

    Hamster, you can sing Beyonce's "If I Were A Boy"..lol. Your experience with "signs" reminds me of our mafia-playing days xD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment