Go Missions ...

Just went to Go Missions and Breakaway just now.
thousands of students gathering at Kyle Field (stadium) praising and worshiping God.
He is awesome and totally worth praising!

This week is the Global Impact week where everyday, there'll be different workshops, conference, concert concerning mission works all over the world.
This year's theme was focused on Christianity and Islam.
Sadly I can't make it for the breakout sessions
but at least I get to go today for the opening.
and it was GRrrrrreat!!

I went with my group of ISO friends (international student Outreach bible study) .
and out of no where, I heard someone calling “乐乐!”
I looked back and saw this white American girl looking at my direction.
I was like 'do i know her?' , meanwhile, my dear friend Lauren ran up to her and gave her a big hug.
I got it! the girl was calling Lauren. but wait, did she just say...?
I went up and asked "what did you call her just now?"
"乐乐" she replied
Lauren added on "That's my Chinese name while we went on a mission trip to Southeast Asia this past summer"
I was like "THAT's my name!!" replying while flashing her my big wide smile.
She's like "Oh my oh my oh my! are you serious? we have the same Chinese name!!"
(haha!)

Later on, I went on and asked a few of them who'd been on the same mission trip, what their chinese names are,
Interestingly, there is
阳光 (sunshine) :for this sweet girl
大山 (big mountain): for this superbly tall guy
飞 (fly): for this cool and laid-back, flexible character guy
帅 (handsome): for this 'cute' guy who looks like Justin Bieber (I literally laughed out loud when I hear this and I kept pestering them for a good explanation in giving him this name )

Lauren was happy and pleased about how Chinese letters have different meanings
and talking about Chinese letters and cultures,
I realized that there is so much to learn from a culture.
and in this week of Global missions, I am challenged to look beyond myself,
to look at the world, the other 6.4 billion people who have not even heard of Jesus.
Looking back at myself, I am so thankful that I got the opportunity to learn so many different languages (Americans are most of the times impressed by this, but wait, that's not the point!)
the point is, how can I serve God with all this different languages that I know?
communicating with the Chinese,Cantonese,Malay-speaking group,
there are a lot that I can do.
What's stopping me are just excuses with the lack of faith and courage.
Talking about going out into the world to reach out,
but look around myself, there is already a huge group of thousands or more who are not saved.
Rather than walking past them every single day without even realizing their hurts and needs for what matters the most,
I pray that God will give me his eyes for just one second,
give me his eyes so I can see.



Brandon Heath - Give Me Your Eyes

Comments