Internship opportunities
Talked to my dad yesterday and found out about the recent Government Transformation Program in Malaysia under Dato Sri Idris Jala.
Checked it out online and find it quite interesting.
Though I'm not sure about the detailed job description but overall, it's an effort to improving different aspects of the government progress & country.
After some clicking, found out that there's actually a GTP (Pemandu) internship application.
Interesting.
I'm thinking of a good internship in Summer(May) 2012
But after some calculation, it is not economically and opportunistically wise to go back to Malaysia at that time, since I'll be back in Dec 2012 and May 2013(for good)
I like a few things about this program:
1. Innovative.
It is an innovative job which i believe would be less mundane and more challenging and interesting to get involved in
2. Nature
The nature of the job alone requires the staff to have a lot of opportunities to learn different things from different perspectives, exploration, interviews, surveys, observations, learning and applying, all sound good to me.
3. Goal-oriented.
The goal is direct and meaningful. you can see the results there and then when you've worked it out.
4. Flexibility.
If i'm not mistaken, the staff will sign a 2-3 years contract with this program; which means that it's not a fixed and forever job and I have the rights to choose to stay or choose to change my involvement into another field.
5. Bond.
I have to work for the government anyway, and since there is such a good opportunity that attracts me, why not find out more
One thing I dislike the most is consistently mundane task.
I can put all of my heart into a task when I am assigned to it, but I would definitely need time-out and refreshments/new challenges once the time is up.
Try thinking, we can get tired of everything that we do, no matter how much we love what we're doing, we definitely need time out for relaxation. Needless to mention the task that we're not so passionate about, we'd only need more time-out and maybe some permanent changes at some point of time.
well, since I'm still not 100% sure of what I am interested in and where God is leading me with my degree; teacher or governmental staff or church worker, I would definitely keep my options open.
SOME RANDOM UPDATES:
1. I just finished watching a Chinese drama 步步惊心
It's my first time watching a Chinese drama after so long (I think the last one was huan zhu ge ge)
and this was AWESOME!!
2. China is one of the first countries that I would like to visit one day! (Partly due to the Chinese movie i've watched recently :P ) and Korea too!!
3. I was supposed to go for oral surgery to take out my 3 wisdom tooth. Appointment was scheduled since August. Bought medicine and prepared rides and everything, but JPA changed insurance company, this new company replied today that they no longer cover wisdom tooth extraction. I canceled the appointment.
4. My roommate got a cat and named her Sheldon (yes, it's a her and it's named Sheldon)
She agreed to keeping her in her room. but now she placed all the cat's food, pooping box, blankets in the living room. My cells-dying-percentage peak this week and I'm going to have a heart-attack soon if she still doesn't keep Sheldon in her room. I'm gonna talk to her tonight!
5. Still praying whether to continue teaching the kids' Sunday school next semester. I actually made up my mind to stop (since I've taught for a year). I felt that somehow Asians are (negatively speaking) pushy, (positively) strategically smart in the way they communicate. After some talk with a few of them, I'm placed in the thinking chair again.
6. Re-admiration of a wonderful song
7.The weather is getting colder. I miss summer!!!
8. Don't feel like studying recently (blame the weather!), but I have to!
Alright start studying!!!!! (Lord, help me!)
Anyong :)
huanzhugege... that was like so long ago... How about those cantonese drama series? Different?
ReplyDelete愛是不保留 is awesome!
Wah JPA just change insurance company just like that.
cantonese drama is from Hong Kong. Chinese drama is from China. different!!
ReplyDeleteand i'm watching a Hong kong drama. right now.
aiks! Naughty Lerd!