Allergy
Allergy is killing me!!I have pretty much heard about allergies ever since I came to Texas.
running nose, flu, sneezing... all are classified under allergies.
and I was confused!
those are symptoms of getting a cold or fever!
Do the Americans just use another term for catching a cold?
(like how they call rubbish bin: trash can, toilets: bathroom/restrooms, soft toys: stuffed animals, and the list can go on forever...)
Well, I have been here for 1 year and 7 months.
and I have never had any allergies until Now! Boooo to allergies!
Now I get what they meant:
Allergy really meant allergy
and it happens more frequently during Spring when all the plants are starting to bloom and pollen flies everywhere (especially into your nose and eyes)
and it makes your nose go running, eyes go itching and watering and all sticky (yucks!), throat goes hurting, body goes aching and lethargy haunt you down!
and guess what, this will last for the whole Spring!!!
Thank God Texas is more known for the Summer, Spring just last around 2 months and despite the very nice and perfect weather, I do hope that it will go away soon enough to take my allergy away with it!
It all started when I felt my left eye was kinda itchy,
then I went to CVS pharmacy to get some eye drop,
the itching gets worse,
I went on to purchase a more expensive eye drop :/ and some allergy pills
and I can't even open my left eye the next morning! (stuck together as if someone sneaked in and sew my eyelids together in the middle of the night!)
and I felt extremely tired and my nose was running away as usual.
So I made a few phone calls, googled a bit, and knocked on my roommate's door
*knock knock knock*
"Can you take me to the doctor please?"
Alright then, now I have 3 medications to take until Spring is over.
Bravo to Mister Spring and Miss Pollen.
Not too sure about Texas Allergies. But for me the easiest way to find out whether it's an allergy or a cold/flu is the color of my nose mucus.
ReplyDeleteIf it's white and my body is not aching, it's allergy.
If it's yellow/green, and my body is aching, throat is sore. Most likely I've caught a cold or I have flu.
Lerdie, Pakmai is concern over your health. We remember before you left for Texas, The Assunta Doctor Datuk Ananda given you allergy injection, the immune last only 1 1/2 years? Pakpai suggest to take the injection again in Texas, can borrow $ from your friend 1st if you do not have enough. How about sending $ to you?
ReplyDeletePraying for you, may our God grant you immune system, recover from the allergy problem & enjoy the spring! Take good care!