Tidbits of Life

1. I got punched today!
on my right cheek.
Ouch it hurts! but i don't think there'll be bruises (i hope not!)
well, it's my self defense class skill test today.
and my partner and I are supposed to perform the few punches, elbow strikes, 360 defenses, wrist escapes.
and while I'm being the attacker, she defended with all her might
*dush*
'Sorry!!!!!'
smile. 'it's ok.' I said 'But it hurts. Ouch'
'I'm so sorryy!!'

Lol. a good story of how 'disaster' can be turned into a good deal?
well, there and then, when we perform our acts to our instructor, she praises us that we remembered to keep our guards up! which a lot of the rest do not remember to do so.
haha! we high-5! and told our instructor, cos I just got punched, now i'll always remember to guard my head and face!


2. I had the deadliest week ever : last week with 2 exams on Tues, 1 Wed, 1 Fri. and 3 of them are physics!
I survived :D (thank you Jesus!) with 2 hours of sleep on Tues night. went to bed at 3am, woke up at 4am. then studied for Quantum mechanics, finished at 8am, and went to bed for 1 hour, woke up at 9am and panicked cos I wasn't thinking and i thought i was late. totally rushed out to the bus stop and kept praying that the prof would let me have extra time in his office after the exam. which later on it dawned on me that my exam is at 10am.

3. ok, so in total, I am taking 6 courses this semester.
4 physics, 1 religion, 1 self defense.
I got back 3 of my physics exams and apparently, I did very badly in 2 of them :/
(the one that i stayed up all night studying, I did well)
I am disappointed. but not to the dying point.
so I was thinking: would i be happier and not that stressful when I graduate and venture into the working world? at least at that time, I get to choose what I want to do (nothing to do with classical mechanics, electromagnetism or quantum mechanics at least)
but my answer was that: 'No'
I am not living in my own bubble. at some point of time, I'll always have to do things that I do not particularly like to do. worst still, when I'm no longer a student, I'm not the choreographer of my life (my boss is, the society is, the people is) [speaking of this, of course God's in control]
but the thing is that by that time, I'll not only have to deal with my job in hand, but the community as a whole, team effort and dynamics, interpersonal skills, people sabo-ing you at your back while offering honey in front.
Students' life is a special period which nobody can re-live it (unless you decided to go back to school after retiring, but anyhow that's a total different situation where your age, friends, families are different)
what do I have to care for when I am a student?
Study well, learn as much as I could, explore, choose the courses I like, build friendships, connections, grow and form mature view of life, learn from steadfast spiritual teachings which shape my life. and so, the only responsibilities I see here is just to study and learn well.
That's the only thing I need to do at the time being, so why not maximize it?
love to learn, learn to understand, understand to apply, apply to experience
rather than whining that i just wanna pass and graduate with a physics degree, I think I can explore more of what physics has to offer (A LOT) and learn to love learning.

(of course it's easier said than done, so I'll start during spring break! time to catch up on what i've been slacking on and see how God leads me in it. Come on! Discipline and dedication is what I need!!)


Comments

  1. Lol Lerdie, do enjoy your student life while you can! Lots of working people actually yearn to return back to their student days. Working life has a whole new set of responsibilities because what you do in your course of work affects others in society - unlike studying where everything is of consequence mostly to yourself =p

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment