Updates
Let's see where I left out from...
Hmm, since April,
1. I got back my Spring semester results. Meh. Not satisfying but not surprising either.
Will try harder/smarter next time around
2. Went to Florida and came back. Met my dear friend and her friends (mostly Malaysians!)
and for the longest time since I came here, I feel that I'm interacting with real bunch of Malaysians again.
I miss that interaction when you can just say anything, in any language, in anyway, without trying too hard to explain yourself and you just CLICK!
how I've forgotten about that. and now I miss it.
3. Currently loving my job. Working in the library frontdesk.
How else more satisfying can a job be?
check out my library's facebook (psst: i'm featured in the <3 Evans Library & Annex video :P )
https://www.facebook.com/EvansLibraryandAnnex
4. Currently working on a physics research.
oh Wow! yes, I am surprised myself.
Not very fond in research from the beginning.
But when the opportunity and the timing matches, you just can't resist it!
It's biomedical physics to be accurate.
Looking into the cure of Diabetes Type 2 that happens miraculously after the Gastric by-pass surgery.
5. Currently taking a C programming class.
I'm coding for the first time!
My first "Hello World!"
#include <stdio.h>
int main(void)
{
printf("Hello World!\n");
return 0;
}
(+ found out that I really kinda enjoy coding. new found love, perhaps?)
6. Feeding my liberal arts side by taking creative writing.
just got myself into short stories, poems and literature.
7. Missing my graduated friends who had left College Station altogether.
Missing friends who would actually not dump me because of their boyfriends
8. had 3 new super friendly roommate and just had a wonderful self-made pizza+movie night with them, their boyfriends and friends.
I'm actually impressed by our random recipe which turns out to be mouth-watering pizzas
(+ the benefits of having roommies with boyfriends: they help take out the trash every now and then.BAZINGA! :D)
9. can't wait to go back to Malaysia in December and see for myself what I've missed in these 2+years
10. going to sleep now as I'm waking up tmr at 7.30am to bike to campus for my lovely library job.
God is good.
Arigato.
Hmm, since April,
1. I got back my Spring semester results. Meh. Not satisfying but not surprising either.
Will try harder/smarter next time around
2. Went to Florida and came back. Met my dear friend and her friends (mostly Malaysians!)
and for the longest time since I came here, I feel that I'm interacting with real bunch of Malaysians again.
I miss that interaction when you can just say anything, in any language, in anyway, without trying too hard to explain yourself and you just CLICK!
how I've forgotten about that. and now I miss it.
3. Currently loving my job. Working in the library frontdesk.
How else more satisfying can a job be?
check out my library's facebook (psst: i'm featured in the <3 Evans Library & Annex video :P )
https://www.facebook.com/EvansLibraryandAnnex
4. Currently working on a physics research.
oh Wow! yes, I am surprised myself.
Not very fond in research from the beginning.
But when the opportunity and the timing matches, you just can't resist it!
It's biomedical physics to be accurate.
Looking into the cure of Diabetes Type 2 that happens miraculously after the Gastric by-pass surgery.
5. Currently taking a C programming class.
I'm coding for the first time!
My first "Hello World!"
#include <stdio.h>
int main(void)
{
printf("Hello World!\n");
return 0;
}
(+ found out that I really kinda enjoy coding. new found love, perhaps?)
6. Feeding my liberal arts side by taking creative writing.
just got myself into short stories, poems and literature.
7. Missing my graduated friends who had left College Station altogether.
Missing friends who would actually not dump me because of their boyfriends
8. had 3 new super friendly roommate and just had a wonderful self-made pizza+movie night with them, their boyfriends and friends.
I'm actually impressed by our random recipe which turns out to be mouth-watering pizzas
(+ the benefits of having roommies with boyfriends: they help take out the trash every now and then.BAZINGA! :D)
9. can't wait to go back to Malaysia in December and see for myself what I've missed in these 2+years
10. going to sleep now as I'm waking up tmr at 7.30am to bike to campus for my lovely library job.
God is good.
Arigato.
Wheeee... Lerdie is learning programming! Do not hesitate to ask you gokgoi anything ok? I'm more than happy to help you out!
ReplyDeleteYour research sounds exciting. Share with me if you don't mind. I like reading research papers. I can be your sounding board too, since technically I am supposed to be a graduate in biomedical physics field too (Optics & Photonics - Bioimaging).
(BTW I think you've missed a ; at the end of return 0. It should be return 0;)
haha! how could I have missed that. big error! Corrected ;)
ReplyDeletemy research is as fun as a physics research can be. since it does not include a whole lot of condensed-matter/ electromagnetism but actually i have been reading and equipping myself with a lot of biology (areas which i never thought i would touch again)
Now we are looking into one specific surgery process RYGB (Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery), can also be known as a weight-loss surgery as the patient will lose his weight drastically after the surgery.
In RYGB, a portion of the stomach, duodenum and a part of jejunum is by-passed, so practically the remaining part of stomach is connected straight to ileum(the lower part of our intestine), through this process, it appears that insulin functions as normal and diabetes Type2 is cured even before the patient start losing weight (Diabetes Type2 usually happens on obese people)
So now we're looking into the possible chemicals that might be involved and forming a model on how and why insulin can return to its normal function after RYGB even before the patient start losing weight.
Your research sound interesting! Glad to know you are enjoying yourself with the library job as well as your research, in your busy schedules,do take time to commune with God & seek His direction/wisdom for your daily task.
ReplyDelete