Summery Summer
I paid for my ring and WOLA! I'm getting it on the 14th of September! :D
Took me quite some time to decide whether to get the pure gold or antique.
The pure ring definitely look more feminine and classy on a lady's hand.
But antique makes the design and carving stands out. That, is one of the main reasons why I wanna buy my ring- as a symbol of memories, of what Texas A&M University means to me.
So, I decided that I want to be able to see the carvings and tell my kids of what it meant to be an Aggie :)
Antique it is!
A calender to keep track of my days till D'Day!
_________________________________________
Meanwhile, today...
Roommie asked "I'm going to play badminton sometime this week. Do you wanna join?"
"Yea sure. But I'm not good though." I replied in a matter-of-fact tone.
"What??" she was totally surprised.
"You're not!?"
I sort of knew where she was going with the question and I started laughing "yea. Why?"
"I don't wanna stereotype or anything..." she was laughing with some hint of embarrassment
I interrupted "...is this something like - Asians are supposed to be good in badminton kinda thing?"
She burst out laughing.
There you go,
Asian stereotype.
________________________________________________
I used to be an artsy girl.
I like drawing, painting, sewing
(Back in the days, I had sewn several authentic clothes for my barbie dolls!).
So, it it true that I did not bring any of my painting or artsy stuff with me to Texas
(I don't even have a single color pencil or color paper!).
This makes me grateful that my friend had invited me over for an artsy-crafty night at her place.
Here's a painting that I did.
After 2 years of refrainment, this is my first time getting a personal touch with water/pastel color. Almost forgotten how much I enjoy arts.
Now, this is a good soul-seeking moment.
The painting shows a huge distinction between the two:
A hot and fury sun representing troubles, hardships, stresses of life;
a tree of life on the other end, signifying the hope, life and love awaiting on the other side.
Adding a final touch with the bible verses from Revelation 21:1-4.
"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” Rev 21:1-4

Beautiful verse and beautiful painting, Lerdie! :)
ReplyDeletehohoho the painting is really nice!
ReplyDeletehello lerdie! nice drawing! :D
ReplyDeletethank you all!
ReplyDeleteand Aahhhh! Sally Lolly!
Dear Lerdie,
ReplyDeleteFinally you decided to get your long dream's Angie Ring. Looks authentic though!
I love your drawing, what is the size? We need more nice, meaningful and special drawing for our new house. Can your drawing be on 1 of the wall? ( Pakmai will love to have more drawings of our own kids, or some modern art piece. It's very costly to buy, we saw 1 piece in Bali last Dec)
When I read the verses you have chosen and relating to your drawing, I am touch and realizing our Heavenly Father is confirming some message to pakmai....Middle of Aug is our Diocese annual synod and I have been asking pakpai what is he going to share this year ( it will be his 6th synod since 2007), I remember 2007 the theme was ' His Kingdom come!', he tried to prepare the leaders with new ideas as to fulfill the vision set. There are 'Awakening the Laity', 'Run with the Horses'. I can't remember how I started with this thought of... 'Heaven Came Down', I did pray about it... Pakpai also started preaching on the topic ' Heaven on Earth' ha... continue to pray and may The Lord prepare pakpai to share & speak forth His word to His beloved leaders of the churches.Annually the church leaders await for 'Bishop' to stir them for new insight. Thanks for being God's channel of blessing to us! Love you & will continue to pray for you daily.
beautiful painting :) maybe you should press into that even further. :)
ReplyDelete