Aggie ring


It's ring day yesterday!
and Yes! It's finally my turn :D
One word- BLESSED!
I feel that I'm so blessed with wonderful friends around, opportunity to come to Texas A&M and get my degree here, great Godly mentors to learn from, fun, true and sincere Christian fellowship to be in and serve in... (and the list goes on forever)

Just to clarify, 
aggie ring is a symbol that I am a Texas A&M University student/graduate. I have to earn it by finishing up certain credit hours and nope, it doesn't come free, I bought it!
It ain't cheap either. 
Ever since I came here and found out about this tradition, I have been thinking if i should get one. But the cost of it made me doubt big time. 
What more can I say now?
God blessed me with a job that I love, and I thought 'Yea, I guess I can afford this now! and Yes, I want this to be a permanent memory of my time here.'

So there I go, registered for a slot, try out different sizes and styles, picked one, paid for it, and waited for 4 months... WOLA! Finally got my own personalized aggie ring! :D

I decided to purchase the antique gold ring just because I can see the design and carving more clearly as they all symbolizes important meaning of the university and students.

shield: protection of the good reputation
13 stripes: 13 original states, patriotism
5 stars: intellect, body, spiritual attainment, emotional poise, integrity of character (5 phases of student's development)
Eagle: agility and power, reaching great heights as ambitions

here is a link to more information about an Aggie ring.


I'm so glad that Lindsay is putting the ring on me!
She's such a wonderful, Godly friend and sister to me.



wonderful friends who came on my ring day. Whoop!

and here's the youtube link for my lemonade ring dunk! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ_0VFjEhgQ&feature=youtu.be

Praise God for everything!
"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Matthew 6:33

Comments

  1. Gratz! Finally put that ring in your finger huh. Enjoy your remaining senior year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoop sounds like a really cool word! Haha!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. surprise!!! >< yes i saw this on facebook. and did not plan to come back to a blog site..but i had to n U i was following the only few tat updated blog. so here! congrats lerdddieeee! have always like reading ur blog! and on behalf of ur other post, nice painting too! hehe!^^ u really loved texas..ur really blessed! keep in touch see u soon! ><xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a happy day! Special RING with such a sentimental value. You are indeed soooo BLESSED! God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment