What's UP??
1. Living with awesome roommates make all the difference!
Whenever I go home and Holla, there's someone who'll come out to cheer me up.
Someone to watch movie with, share my 'highlights' of the day with, hang out with, eat with and even feeds me at times!
I find it so funny when I get her text today which says
"Hey idk what time im getting home but if your hungry you can make the noodles or the chicken is still in the fridge with mash potatoes"
I was amused by the fact that she's actually thinking about what i'm gonna eat since she won't be home early!
Too good to be true.
But it's true though, cos I have awesome roommate!
Whenever I go home and Holla, there's someone who'll come out to cheer me up.
Someone to watch movie with, share my 'highlights' of the day with, hang out with, eat with and even feeds me at times!
I find it so funny when I get her text today which says
"Hey idk what time im getting home but if your hungry you can make the noodles or the chicken is still in the fridge with mash potatoes"
I was amused by the fact that she's actually thinking about what i'm gonna eat since she won't be home early!
Too good to be true.
But it's true though, cos I have awesome roommate!
2. Praise God for the opportunity to be able to take part in a Biomedical Physics research. I guess this is one of the incidents where I shall say 'There's got to be too many coincidences to be a coincidence'. It has to be God at work! I never thought that as an undergraduate, I get to be a part of such great opportunity, to get to work for a professor in research, submit a paper and to be able to present our paper in the American Physical Society (APS) conference next week! I am excited about it and at the same time, praying that it will be an interesting and wonderful experience.
3. Have I said it before that I love my job?
Well yea, I still love it. There's just a positive way to see things which makes all the differences in life.
At the beginning of this semester, I have chosen to stick with my job despite the 6 courses that I'm taking. Because I love my supervisors, love working with my fellow student worker colleagues, love the people interaction and when I first came here, I have subconsciously thought to myself that 'if I ever get a job on campus, I wish that it would be in the library'. Pondering back, I am actually now at my dream job! :D We have wonderful supervisors who're friendly, outgoing and engaging, that makes a whole lot of differences! and this week, when we're asked to check our updated student worker blogpost under 'Awesomeness' tab, I see that I got 2 POB 'Pats on Back' compliments from my supervisors!
Huuahh! I always thought I'm doing a decent, good enough job, but never knew that little things do count. and getting positive feedbacks definitely make my day! :D
(Not forgetting to mention that as a student worker, I get all these privileges of registering for class earlier, participating in career center free workshops and other awesome stuff! :P )
4. A little realization that I get from my country-western dancing class today:
In every area of life, I find myself enjoy cooperating with competent and good enough people rather than perfectionist/ overly high-achievers. It is good that there are all different types of people in the world (makes up for diversity!), but perfectionist who expects you to be like them? I think they exist perfect on their own, I'd rather stay away from.
5. I know in mind that I'm graduating soon and I have the peace to not pursue graduate school in Physics but instead to go back to Malaysia for good. For that matter, I pray that I'm making good use of my time here in College Station. I'm excited to go home but at the same time, I know for sure that I will miss the things and at most the people who have walked in and out of my lives, making all the differences and allowing me to make mistakes and grow with them.
Meanwhile, I'm counting down towards the day that I actually get to go home after 2+ years. 50ish days to go!
Aja Aja Fightin'!
"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."
Proverbs 16:9




The last photo very got "feel" Haha!
ReplyDeleteHaving a roommate/housemate who clicks is awesome, I totally agree haha.
Will your talk at the conference be recorded? Wanna see haha.
"What's up, what's down, my name's Lerdie!"
ReplyDeleteHahaha..I still remembered your trademark hiphop phrase from Camp Cameron!
Anyways, looking forward to your return to Malaysia next year after graduation :)
You are truly blessed with such a good & caring roommate! Do NOT take her for grated, must appreciate & take good care of her too! Praying for your talk, it is true that '..With God things don't just happen, Everything by Him is planned." You are in His perfect plan, so enjoy yourself while you are in Texas. Looking forward for your return soon....
ReplyDelete