5-hour exam??
Yea~uh!
Just came home from a 7pm exam (it's 12.05am now)
and it's on a Friday night!
Remind me, What life does a physics student have again?
But I'm in a good mood though.
Cos I think I did pretty well in the exam :D
Quantum Mechanics II
Thank God for considerate and patient professor.
He stayed with us for the whole 5 hour+ (when I leave at 11.35ish, there's still 1 more student working on his paper)
He pointed out errors and gave relevant tips
and that helps tremendously!!!
Though generally, he's really not that good at lecturing, but his patience and willingness to help encourages me to carry a self-learning attitude for his class.
On the contrary,
there's another prof who's really good in lecturing (when it comes to explaining concept on the board, i have to give him props in that),
but he's mean.
He makes you feel like you're stupid and incapable of understanding a concept well.
Though his intention is for you to learn as much as he teaches but I guess he forgot he's a professor and we're just undergraduate students.
His unintended mean comments and demeaning way of talking really makes me develop an utter disinterest towards his subject
That's the big difference between what makes a good teacher and a mean one.
: The attitude you carry when you address your students' problems
and I guess that applies to everyone.
It's a good reminder for myself that whenever I end up in a position where my knowledge/opinion/guidance is sought, I should never carry an attitude of 'Come'on! are you serious? you should know this!',
but rather, 'i understand, it's hard, take your time, and come ask me whenever you have questions.'
:)
Just came home from a 7pm exam (it's 12.05am now)
and it's on a Friday night!
Remind me, What life does a physics student have again?
But I'm in a good mood though.
Cos I think I did pretty well in the exam :D
Quantum Mechanics II
Thank God for considerate and patient professor.
He stayed with us for the whole 5 hour+ (when I leave at 11.35ish, there's still 1 more student working on his paper)
He pointed out errors and gave relevant tips
and that helps tremendously!!!
Though generally, he's really not that good at lecturing, but his patience and willingness to help encourages me to carry a self-learning attitude for his class.
On the contrary,
there's another prof who's really good in lecturing (when it comes to explaining concept on the board, i have to give him props in that),
but he's mean.
He makes you feel like you're stupid and incapable of understanding a concept well.
Though his intention is for you to learn as much as he teaches but I guess he forgot he's a professor and we're just undergraduate students.
His unintended mean comments and demeaning way of talking really makes me develop an utter disinterest towards his subject
That's the big difference between what makes a good teacher and a mean one.
: The attitude you carry when you address your students' problems
and I guess that applies to everyone.
It's a good reminder for myself that whenever I end up in a position where my knowledge/opinion/guidance is sought, I should never carry an attitude of 'Come'on! are you serious? you should know this!',
but rather, 'i understand, it's hard, take your time, and come ask me whenever you have questions.'
:)
Indeed. Attitude is very important. But it is also true that we students tend to ask questions without first try to find the answers by ourselves first. But having said that, it is really not easy to be kind and patient to every question asked when you have 400+ students asking you questions every day. Of course that doesn't mean they can be mean, but Professors are human too.
ReplyDeleteGood awareness Lerdie! Learn from others mistake and improve in your own ability. You are a potential good teacher!Well done and press on!
ReplyDelete