A Time for Everything

   There is a time for everything,
   and a season for every activity under the heavens:
     a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,
     a time to kill and a time to heal,
    a time to tear down and a time to build,
     a time to weep and a time to laugh,
    a time to mourn and a time to dance,
     a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
    a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
     a time to search and a time to give up,
    a time to keep and a time to throw away,
     a time to tear and a time to mend,
    a time to be silent and a time to speak,
     a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.
____________________________________________________


I praise God for His perfect timing for everything.
I praise Him for my personal growth, people who have crossed path with me, family and friends who have made an impact in my life...
It is true that wherever there's people, there can be disagreement;
similarly, wherever there's people, there can be bonds, warmth and friendships.

Time really flies! I have been in Texas for 2.5 years.
This is my first time coming home to a land where I've been born,
it is exciting, nerve-wrecking, calming and refreshing.
I have been praying since January when I bought the flight ticket for December.
Praying for my personal preparation in terms of mental, emotional, spiritual, physical, financial and more. Praying that I will be prepared for any reverse-culture shock.
Praying that I will be ready to meet people- the Malaysians; to be able to joke like them, talk like them, connect with them, and feel like them.
Things have change ever since i went to Texas. Whether I like it or not, I have somehow adapted to a different kind of mixed culture.
Praying against pride, comparison, judgmental thoughts but rather the readiness to scope around and be ready to come back for good in June 2013.

I wanted to plan for myself to come back during May 2012 if I get any internships in Malaysia.
I applied to a few but they all did not work out for different reasons.
and so reluctantly and at the same time feeling relieved, I decided to stay back in Texas for summer 2012.
I knew in my heart that I am not ready to go back.
Mixed feelings in me and the lack of peace and excitement tells it all.

However, this return (Dec 2012) has been prepared for since January.

There are people whom I've never planned to meet, people whom I've been longing to meet, people whom I wonder if I should meet, people whom I thought I'd rather not meet... despite my personal planning, God's planning is the best!
This time around, I have arrived at a realization that people do change- whether it's under God's molding or their personal experience.
The past is passed and I should always put it down, learnt from it and look forward for the better.
I have been questioning myself if I'm ready to be back. I know that this is the perfect timing where I can readjust myself before I'm back for good in half a year.
Praise God for being the Almighty God who overlook even the smallest details of my life and praise God for allowing different people to be in my life and taught me how to be a better self.
I am glad to say that this trip is a very refreshing and reflective one.



 Darlings from Ave Maria Convent high school

 Godsister Mercy


Pretty ladies from St. Peter's Christmas eve dinner

 Christmas celebration with St. Peter's Church - the church where I grew up
 Caroling with two wonderful cousin brothers

 Not to forget, the saliva-dripping food in Malaysia!!

 Sister's Wedding family picture

 Wonderful friends from INTI Christian Fellowship

Comments