Easter

A Time to celebrate that this special friend that I have...
is ALIVE!! :D

Celebrating the life of a friend? That might sound a little weird.
But He is more than a friend,
He made the universe and everything in it,
He made me,
He gives me my awesome family :)
He gives me my life, my breath, my talents, my friends, my opportunities, my purpose...

I love the little game that we played yesterday in ICF where we are given an Easter egg each and when we opened it, there is a little symbolic toy representing part of the resurrection story.
My partner and I got 3 pieces of silver coins in our Easter egg.
We figured, that represented Judas Iscariot's betrayal and how he had received 30 pieces of silver coins in exchange of Jesus' life. We then show our toy to everyone and arrange ourselves according to the sequence of the happenings.
When we're all done, the sequence comes out to be:

1. donkey : Jesus rode on a donkey to enter Jerusalem where the people is shouting 'Hosanna!'-praise to Jesus who comes in the Name of the Lord.
2. silver coins : Judas received money to betray Jesus
3. Holy Communion cup: Jesus' last supper with his 12 disciples
4. prayer hand: Jesus prayed in the Garden of Gethsemane (God's will be done)
5.  whip : Jesus was flogged
6. crown of thorns: Jesus was mocked to the be 'King of the Jews' so he was forced to wear a crown made of thorns
7. cross: He was nailed on the cross
8. spear: He was speared on his sides when the Roman army wanted to check if He has indeed died (blood and water came out separately: sign that He had breathed his last breath)
9. white linen: His body was wrapped in a white linen
10. stone: a big round stone used to cover the entrance of the tomb that he was buried in
11. an empty egg: There was nothing, nobody in the tomb- Jesus is risen!!! :D

A preacher was once asked,
"How can I love God more?"
He replied "Ask Him to show you how much He had forgiven you."

The more we realize that we are nothing but a little sinful worm,
the more we see how big the cross is: how much Jesus has died for us to restore our relationship with God.



 Yes! Jesus is the best gift ever! A present that I have received and would never want to let go of. 
A present so Great that I want to share it with everyone else who has not receive it yet!

Jesus. Pierced for You.

When I am thankful that Jesus has died for me, When I wonder why would Jesus want to die for me?
What have I done to be His friend? What can I do to be loved by Him?
My answer was 'Nothing'
Nothing that I have done, nothing that I am, 
I can never do any more or any less, 
Jesus chose me because He wants to.
in fact, He longs to be my friend.
Jesus dies for me because He loves me.
Jesus loves me because He does.

I am this filthy, dirty baby left in a pile of trash, unworthy, Jesus came by, looked at me in the eye, full of love, stretched out His hand and picked me up.
He embraced me, kept me warm in his arms, brought me home, clean me, feed me, gives me new clothes, and promised to be there for me for the rest of my life,
as long as I allow Him to.



Comments

  1. Dear Lerdie, Glad that you have discovered " The Greatest things in our live is knowing Him,Loving Him and Serving Him!"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment