Almost there!

I am very excited about my baptism especially when I found out that two other wonderful friends of mine (fellow Sunday school teachers :D ) have decided to get baptized on the very same day as me! Whoop!
Can't express how happy I am.
It's just like a spiritual birth,
feels like I'm going to have them as my spiritual brother and sister :D
We are asked to share our stories of how we came to Christ before getting baptized,
and I have been working on my testimony and there's just some refining work to do now.
I'm a little disappointed that some of them wouldn't be able to witness my baptism that weekend, but regardless, I've told them that I'll do some video recording and keep them updated in that way.
So Yeappie! Excited
and I talked to one of the kid's parent and she suggested that I can go ahead and ask the kids if they would like to be baptized too, or just give them the thoughts and allow them to ponder about their own baptism.
I thought that was a really good suggestion.
oh and the baptism is going to happen on May 5th, 2013 (Malaysia's election day :o )
Thanks for all of you who will be supporting in prayers.
Appreciate it from the bottom of my heart :)

went to Houston this past weekend for a Japanese festival. 
Did not intend for this to happen
but I have met some really nice new friends
and got to catch up briefly with 3 old friends!
fulfilling indeed.

God sends people my way for a reason. 
Praying for sensitivity to the Holy Spirit and discernment on when to take the extra miles and when to hold back.

Went to breakaway with Anne and managed to grab seats at one of the front rows :D
and the movie displayed on the screen "Homerun", a good one on life being transformed :)


meanwhile, I have 1 more week of school and that's THAT!
There goes my undergraduate.
can't believe it's flying by so fast!
But I am ready :)
I am ready to move on to the next stage of life.
yep, but so far, I have some other events lining up like
Mehhh stuff: assignments, reports, projects, final examination...
Yayyy stuff: dress shopping for ring dance, Ring dance, Physics graduating class celebration, Graduation parties, Hang out with some dear buddies!, farewell with ICF, farewell with coworkers, Baptism!!, parents and brother coming in town!, Boston+NYC trip...

have been thinking a lot on life and death with all the series of events happening this week:
Boston Marathon bombing, Catching the suspected bombers, West Texas factory explosion, Sichun earthquake, Muster in Texas A&M (An annual event to remember the Aggies who had passed away throughout this academic year)
I went to the Memorial Student Center and looked at the personal belongings of the Fallen Aggies,
their laptops, pictures, diary pages, own written poems, favorite food...
those who had gone, they are just like any one of us who are living,
but their lives are cut short, for different reasons,
I walked past their names one by one,
and thought "Mannn... does he know Jesus?", "Where is she now? Does she know Jesus yet?"
People need Jesus. They really do.

People Need The Lord https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uZcGaixMhg

Packed Reed Arena with students and families attending Muster 2013

Every candle lighted symbolizes each Fallen Aggie throughout the year.


One random but important note:
I'm taking a class called 'Perspectives' right now. it is a class teaching about God's mission perspectives of the world. Initially I was thinking, mission.. hmm, i don't know. But after God had brought me to the first class free 3 years ago when I first came to college station, this has been tagging in my heart and finally, now during my final semester, when I finally have enough money and time to manage an additional class outside of school, I prayed about it, posted on Facebook 'Who else in College Station is taking Perspectives this semester?' and there you go, God provides, contacted this wonderful friends who are willing to give me a ride every Monday evening and there I go.
So far I would say, This is a LIFE-TRANSFORMING class.
It really is!
Through this class, God opened up my eyes on some huge concepts which I have always heard but not really settled onto yet:
what God's kingdom is,
what does it mean to glorify God,
mission is not Just another ministry in the church, it is God's heart beat,
how to break down my own preconceptions of  'Christianity' and be sensitive to the cultural barrier and wall while reaching out,
what does it Really mean to Know Christ and to be a Follower of Christ.

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death," Phil 3:10


I shall end this with a wonderful quote from Saint Patrick,

May my daily life be...
"Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,
Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ on my right, Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit down, Christ when I arise,
Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me."
-Saint Patrick




Comments

  1. Go lerdie - Your comment about your baptism happening on 5 May, the same day of our country's general election prompted me with this interesting thought. Baptism signifies the start of a new journey - maybe 5 May will be the start of a new journey for Malaysia!

    Wheeee!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment