Graduation
I woke up this morning realizing "Gosh! I'm graduating today"
It's an indescribable feeling. I felt like 'This is it!"
I've never woke up being much excited about anything at all. Not my travel trips, not getting my results, not going to the National Service or big events happening. But this is it.
It's like everything that I had strive for academically is coming to an end, wrapping it up.
Kudos to those who'd decided to not end it here, and continue for their graduate school.
But for me, at least, I feel that it's coming to an end for Physics. :D ;D
Thinking of how I've struggled through physics step by step, ever since the first 'C' i got in my first ever college physics class. I never know why I decided to stay on in this track. Probably due to pride and the desire to conquer this challenge which everyone describes it as deadly.
Regardless, I often question myself every single semester," why am I still here? why am I still in Physics?"
Believe me, I don't get an answer all the time, and i lost count of the times I had the urge to just rush into my advisor's office and tell her that i'm going to change my major. Countless number of times where I stared at the professor and the white board, thinking, "What is he talking about? Why am I here?"
One conclusive answer I get from all these:
Physics brought me down to my knees, before God; to admit that I am nothing and I can't do it and that I desperately need Him, His strength, wisdom and mercy.
Thank you Jesus for His never ending goodness and mercy.
As I read through the psalm of David 'The LORD is my shepherd", as I reflect upon it,
indeed,
God is good, all the time;
all the time, God is good :)
God is Good All the Time
The Lord Is My Shepherd
A Psalm of David.
23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.[a]
3 He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness[b]
for his name's sake.
4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,[c]
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6 Surely[d] goodness and mercy[e] shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell[f] in the house of the Lord
forever.[g]"
and One Final thing I shall say. I did not earn this degree on my own. I thank my family, friends, classmates, and everyone who had been a part of encouraging and cheering me on. and of course,
To God be the glory, forever and ever. Amen.
It's an indescribable feeling. I felt like 'This is it!"
I've never woke up being much excited about anything at all. Not my travel trips, not getting my results, not going to the National Service or big events happening. But this is it.
It's like everything that I had strive for academically is coming to an end, wrapping it up.
Kudos to those who'd decided to not end it here, and continue for their graduate school.
But for me, at least, I feel that it's coming to an end for Physics. :D ;D
Thinking of how I've struggled through physics step by step, ever since the first 'C' i got in my first ever college physics class. I never know why I decided to stay on in this track. Probably due to pride and the desire to conquer this challenge which everyone describes it as deadly.
Regardless, I often question myself every single semester," why am I still here? why am I still in Physics?"
Believe me, I don't get an answer all the time, and i lost count of the times I had the urge to just rush into my advisor's office and tell her that i'm going to change my major. Countless number of times where I stared at the professor and the white board, thinking, "What is he talking about? Why am I here?"
One conclusive answer I get from all these:
Physics brought me down to my knees, before God; to admit that I am nothing and I can't do it and that I desperately need Him, His strength, wisdom and mercy.
Thank you Jesus for His never ending goodness and mercy.
As I read through the psalm of David 'The LORD is my shepherd", as I reflect upon it,
indeed,
God is good, all the time;
all the time, God is good :)
God is Good All the Time
The Lord Is My Shepherd
A Psalm of David.
23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.[a]
3 He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness[b]
for his name's sake.
4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,[c]
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6 Surely[d] goodness and mercy[e] shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell[f] in the house of the Lord
forever.[g]"
and One Final thing I shall say. I did not earn this degree on my own. I thank my family, friends, classmates, and everyone who had been a part of encouraging and cheering me on. and of course,
To God be the glory, forever and ever. Amen.
We are so PROUD of you dear Lerdie! Finally you make it!!! One important things we can be very sure, God has indeed equipped you academically, emotionally and most obviously spiritually!You have grown to be such a mature and sweet young lady!Praise & thank God for guiding and leading you all these years!
ReplyDelete