The Homecoming

Hola!
I haven't been updating my blog ever since I came back to Malaysia. 
My initial intention of a blog is to keep my Malaysian friends and family updated of my life in Texas, 
so i thought, oh I'm back, maybe I don't need to update my blog as often anymore. 
But mommy commented that she find it easier to understand me and my thoughts when she reads my blog, I am good in expressing myself through written words she said. (a definite sign that I have to learn to express my thoughts better in spoken words too)
and I got a few prompts from friends to update this long deserted little room of thoughts. 
at the same time, I do realize that by writing it down, I can gather my thoughts better and understand myself a little more. It's like a space for reflection and self-awareness. :)


Anyhow, so the photos will speak of what I've been up to ever since I'm back from Texas:

Psalmist Generation Worship Conference 

Met up with wonderful peoplesss

revisited my previous college INTI and my prof

Sister's wedding dinner in Ipoh

Trip down South with cousins and sister

JOBS
So far, I have only applied for an internship in a private company. The description, vision & mission of that company seems to attract me a lot. and honestly, I also have to admit that I have not been very proactive in seeking out jobs and positions. 
This particular one caught my attention and I thought, well since I'm waiting for the government to call on me for interviews (if they want me), meanwhile I can do some internship and figure out if i like this job, i don't mind staying. Afterall, I believe that if God had smtg in mind for me, I will definitely cross path with it. 
That position not only has to catch my attention, it will be smtg that my heart beats for it too.
I am unwilling to settle for a job which I care-less about. 
Thank God for His providence that I don't have to worry about money, accommodation, debt at the moment, so I don't have to be bogged down with finding a job that pays well.
and yep, I am interested in human development-type jobs.

REVELATION
During my trip, I went to a Korean Christian concert in Kluang Presbytarian church.
There are a few songs that really touched me deeply.
One of them was "People need the Lord"

I was listening to it and realized people Do need the Lord. Why am i still here wasting my time earning money, living a more than comfortable life, wasting my food, time, talents, money on things that do not contribute to the coming of the Lord Jesus?
"Maranatha" we says, 'Come Lord Jesus!'
Why do we want him to come?
Because this is a broken world, because there is no fix to it. because it had been prophesized that Jesus came the first time as a suffering servant, but His second coming will be a triumphant one where He'll rule with perfect justice, where there is no tear, no grinding of teeth, no suffering.
There, finally a government that we can trust. Finally. 
but how is he gonna come? when is he gonna come? 
when people of every tribe and tongue have heard about Jesus Christ.

Revelation 7:9-10

A Great Multitude from Every Nation

After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands, 10 and crying out with a loud voice, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!”"

there will be people from Every Ethne - people of different tribe, language, culture... 
just start imagining how many dialects there are in China, that helps to know how many Ethnes there are in the entire world. and before Jesus comes again, all ethnes will have come to hear of the Lord (whether they believed in the gospel or not,that's a different story, but they would have at least heard of it)

Why am i rambling on about the second coming of Jesus?
hmm..
Because I think that it is a great privilege if I have the chance to be a part of fulfilling this prophecy :)
and I want to be a part of it. 

So back to the Korean Christian concert, 
the korean pastor came up to share after the worship that He had been around to different towns of Malaysia, and his heart breaks a little every time he sees that there is no pastor in a lot of the churches in the smaller towns. He was saying "Do you know that all of you Malaysians are a very privilege and special group of people? there are no other countries in Southeast Asia with citizens who can speak fluently in more than 2 languages. Mandarin, English, Malay... you can go to the entire world. Do you know that? You can go to China, Indonesia, Western countries... and you will be perfectly fine."

Later on he called for anyone in the congregation whose heart beats and is calling out to commit their lives to be either a pastor, missionary or a full-time ministry worker. 
I was the first to raise my hand. 

Come back to think of it, I've often tell people that my long term plan is to hopefully go to a seminary and be a full-time worker. I have a deep passion in serving full-time and I believe that the set of skills and talents that God had given to me, this is the ground where I can use it all without putting any one of them to waste. However this has just been my words and there aren't really any confirmation. It just came as an idea which I don't know how possible it is to carry it out. It is a desire though. It is my passion. 
and now the Lord has confirmed it :)
I am still unsure of how this is going to unfold, what are the steps needed to take me there, what particular ministry I will be in (though i always believe that there can always be more than one, "where there is a need" is the phrase that i carry with me)... But I pray that this desire/calling/passion will come to pass, for real.

RELATIONSHIP
On another note, one of my long time questions have been answered when I talked to my cousin earlier in the trip. My question is that 
"How and why is it better for me to have a family if I can do so much more for the Lord as a single?"
the best answer I've gotten :
"A Christian's life on earth is not about how much you do.
 It is about how much of Christ you have resembled by the end of your walk on earth.
and being in a family, having a committed partner and kids is one of the best ground you can be in to learn to be more Christ-like. The patience, tolerance, love, endurance, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.... that you learn in a marriage/family surely make a more Christ-like version of you. 
Disclaimer: this doesn't mean that single people have no ways of growing to be more Christ-like, there's always other situations and encounters that allow them to learn that too. However, what this means is that a marriage is one of the best grounds available to learn.
That is what a Christian's life is. to be more Christ-like."
wow, i mean, the answer really blew my mind off.

Meanwhile, I was asked if I wanted a family of my own. 
My answer remains "I don't really mind having one or not. But I'll definitely not settle for smtg less which refrain or restrict me from serving the Lord."

Comments

  1. Love the reason why it is better to have a family!! Blew my mind too! Re-shared on facebook already, but I didn't share your blog, since it's semi-private. Also I credit the quote to "A Wise Person"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment