J.P.A Interview Checked

I feel that recording down my Jabatan P.A. interview experience will be a good reference point to a lot other friends of mine. 

Let's start this from the very beginning. 
When I first came back from Texas and was told to 'Lapor Diri' and from there I have to apply for 5 governmental positions from the list that was given online. 
I applied for 4 positions:
Out of which, I was called for 2 of the interviews (Maybe more coming soon):
1. Khidmat Pelanggan N17
2. Pembangunan Masyarakat S17

I just went for Khidmat Pelanggan N17 interview today in Jalan Cenderasari.
In the interview room, there was 2 men: 1 Indian, 1 Chinese. 
Once I entered the room, the Indian officer was saying 
"Ng right? Ng, I see that you have 10A's"
confused and puzzled. I replied
"10A's? for what? degree?..."
then later i found out that they were talking about my SPM 
(but still, I had 12A's for that, in which 2 were A2)
Anyway, they straight went into a blatant truthful discussion with me and asked why do i want the job? and if i really want the job?
I gave my view on how I think i can improve and revamp the system of customer service in the government sector and they went on asking if I know how much the pay is. LOL
So apparently for this position, the basic pay is RM900+ to RM1000+ and they are looking more of at least a SPM certified person. 
He said "You look so innocent and like nothing to hide, so I also wanna help you. I'm telling you, you're 101% qualified for this position. But are you willing to work for this low of a pay,? You are over-qualified. We are indeed looking to hire more non Malays but I'd say you better go for a higher position. Now the ball is in your hand. We want to achieve on a common ground result before you leave this place, so do you want the job or not?"
After a long discussion and finding out more from them, 
I said "I guess I'll let this go."

What I found out from this experience is that:

1. There are several grades for governmental positions:
Gred 17-27 is for SPM holders
Gred 28-38 (or smtg like that) is for Diploma holders
Gred 41 and above is for Degree holders

2. Apparently I was told that if I don't wanna attend the other interview
 (-Pembangunan Masyarakat which is also Gred17), 
all I have to do is Don't show up for the interview. I don't even have to call or inform or anything. 
Let's hope this is for real. Cos I don't think there's a point for me to go for the other interview which is for SPM holders as well. 

3. There are certain very nice governmental officers. From the front desk, the jaga to the interviewers: They're all very nice people whom I've met today. 

I guess I can now self-proclaimed that I am kind of free from the 6year govt bond? Since I have in fact lapor diri, went for the interview, and 'Didnt' get the job.
I Guess.

Then I realized one thing, from the very beginning when I was 18 and figuring out how to apply for Jabatan.P.A scholarship, wondering what field of study I should put in, God's hands were already on me. If only I have chosen the field of Medicine/Pharmacist/ or any other higher profile fields, 
1. I might not get the scholarship
2. If I do get the scholarship, it means that I am bonded to serve for real. Cos there always are needs for these positions and the govt will be more efficient and strict in sending you to any hospitals/clinics to perform your civil duties. 

But looking at my situation now , I was awarded with the scholarship to study Science in the USA. 
But coming back, 
Physics. Where can I stand in the governmental sector when I return?
If I am bonded for real, then gone are my dreams of going to the seminary after 2 years of work.
Despite all that being said,
I am not condoning the fact that running away from your scholarship bond is a good thing, 
but what I am saying is that, 
I have a lot of dreams and goals that I'd like to achieve 
and I think that by being not bonded, 
I have more space and room to run after my dreams and go for my passion. 

Right now, I am still uncertain of so many things. 
But I am smiling because I know that God had brought and showed me one step further in the direction where I am heading next. 

Mua in Baju Kurung all happy and bouncy



Comments

  1. Wheee didn't knew you had seminary in your plan, good for you!

    As for the Gred17 interview, I think it will be good if you email them and said you're not coming. Tell them a bit about your story. You help them save time this way. Otherwise they will be like sitting there and waiting for you to turn up. Build bridges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good sharing Lerdie! May you continue to discover more and more of God's wonderful plan for you as each day passes :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment