Parking Adventure



I was on a mission to renew my passport this morning so I went to UTC.

As I drive around,I saw that the nearby parking is all full but thank God , not long after,I spotted a car coming out so I signalled to go in.
Then the stress begins!

The parking lane is very narrow. There were motorcycles parked in a row in front of me and cars at both sides of my narrow lot.
So I decided to do reverse parking, reason being it will be easier to drive out later.

I kept turning and adjusting for about 5 minutes but still to no avail.
Then cars started jamming up behind me.

The car right behind me,a Malay guy wind down his window and stretch out his hand and say 'ikut signal saya' (follow my lead), so he was signaling me to turn backwards backwards ok stop, now move forward forward, stop.

Until I accidentally  'touched' the motor in front and its alarm started beeping!
I was like Oh no!

Then I pulled my handbrake and stared at the man and asked with my pitiful look
"Can you drive for me please?"

He got down from his car, went in front to take a look. By this time, another young dude and a lady officer came to see the commotion. I was sitting in my car and looking at them helplessly.
Together with this young guy, the man lifted up two motorcycles in front of me to move them forward so that I still have space to maneuver my car.

The motorcycle's beep has stopped by now.
Then the man continued to direct me in reversing and moving forward.
He stretched in his hand to turn the steering wheel for me *so embarrassing* then he said yes yes go backwards, now you can straighten your steering wheel and adjust.

In the end I managed to park! I MANAGED TO PARK!
Phew!
The heroic man went into his car finally and I shouted "thank you so much!!!"
He raised up his hand as a 'you're welcome gesture' and drove off and the traffic behind got cleared shortly thereafter.

The UTC officer lady came by after that and saw me checking for scratches on my car and asked if everything is ok now,I said yes yes it is! *big smile* thank you! Haha

Thank you Jesus for sending kind souls at times of need.
#parkingadventure
#quiteusedtothis

Comments

  1. Wow, such a good Malay man you've met!
    This shows that living in Malaysia is not that bad after all :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment