Brokenness

But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us. 2 Cor 4:7


My will was strong
My pride was thick
My self was first
I have my plans in my hands
I know my desires in my heart
I was crafting out my own life

You wanted to love me
You wanted to use me
You wanted to lead me

And because you care so much
You stepped in, crushed my wall
And because you can't bear to see
You stepped in, put a stop
And because you LOVE.

Like soldier running in to battlefield
Like fireman rushing in to rescue life
You firmly, but lovingly, held on to that hammer
and broke down all my walls

I shattered into dusts and ashes
But you picked up my pieces
Not leaving any
You put it back together
Tighten and perfect it with that warmth 
That warmth of yours- called GRACE

Grace-
Not that I deserve
Not that I'm worthy
Grace-
instead of shame
just amazing grace

I look up and I see-
that familiarity 
Is that the same grace?
T'was there from the start
That shimmer of light
In my darkest fight

I couldn't hold it in
What did I do to deserve
Such a Grace like this
Why does He even bother
to reach out like this

Then I realize 
What it meant
When we sang 
Amazing Grace
"I once was lost
But now I'm found
Was blind
But now I see"

In my brokenness
He shines right through.


Comments