My Sheep Hear My Voice
Today, we (the girls on 5th floor) learnt about Obedience.
"Faith is only real when there is obedience, never without it, and faith only becomes faith in the act of obedience."
Dietrich Bonhoeffer
I shared that at times I have difficulty recognizing His voice. I get confused if I am hearing him or myself or other people.
Then we took turns to share and draw a name and wrote something for each another. Sarah wrote me something real heart-warming
May you learn to turn down the world's volume and in to His voice :)
Because you are His sheep, you will know His voice :)
Now all that is left is to obey.
and we sang this song: WHO AM I?
All of us have our own desires.
Desires are not bad. Some are even granted by God.
It is a passion, a longing, something that speaks to us and drives us...
But when our desire go against what God wants us to do at this very moment, we have to follow God's way, so does it mean that we have to suppress our desires?
But aren't desires a part of us? It makes us who we are!
When our desire go against what God wants us to do, we Should choose to follow His way.
But Following God's way does Not mean to suppress your desires.
It means to perfect it.
To realign it to God's desires.
If that desire is so given by God, then it will be in alignment with God's.
So to follow and obey Him is to realign our desires to His.
By realigning it, that desire will be perfected.
Because only the Creator knows what is Best for his creation (us).


Comments
Post a Comment