Journey to Taize
I'm back from France after one full month of WIFI-free, monastery life!
Once I'm back, I got questioned by so many people of "How was it?", "Tell me ALL about it!"
Well, A LOT has happened and to tell All about it is quite hard really.
But here's a summary of what happened in my 4 weeks there:
(If time allows, I shall update more interesting factors in details)
Taize is a town in France, about 3 hours away from Paris.
The Taize Community is an ecumenical monastery.
Brothers from the Catholic church, Protestants, and Orthodox live together in the Taize community.
They live and worship in very simple way where they prioritize the truth of the Bible and make their differences as secondary matters.
Now, the Taize community has become a campsite where people pay a small amount of money to go there and live for a week or so as part of their spiritual journey (to seek God).
When I was there, there was about 2000-3000 people weekly.
There are the Field People: people who attend 1 week (like camping)
and there are the Permanents: people who helps out in the community for 1 month or 3 months or 1 year (I'm one of the 1 month Permanent)
This is the Church in Taize.
We have 3 prayers/worship time a day: Morning Prayer, Midday Prayer, Evening Prayer
During my First Week, I helped out in the church
(vacuuming the church, changing candles, repairing song books...)
The above is my church team.
They consists of both Permanents and Field people from USA, Hong Kong, Uganda, Germany, Netherlands, Italy
My Second week, I was in charged of 2 teams of German Field people doing Picnics.
Picnics is where we prepare packets of food for the people who are leaving back home, so that they have food on their way home.
We prepared about 2 to 3 thousands packs for the entire week
I learnt to count 1 to 10 in German!
They insisted on doing the Asian "V" post with me when we take pictures. lol
My Third week, I went 20 minutes away to stay in this old French Castle looking building for my Silent Week.
I took part in the Silent Retreat where we do not talk for the Whole Week! (no kidding)
I took part in the Silent Retreat where we do not talk for the Whole Week! (no kidding)
We were guided by the Sisters through daily Bible Passages for us to do our own reflection on.
I have to say this is one of my Best weeks there!
More to share on the interesting things I've received and discovered during my No-Talk-Week!
This Castle is equipped with a Super Huge field for us to loiter in.
One of the Most Beautiful Views I've seen. Honest.
My Final Week I was leading a group (with my partner from Philippines) of German and Swedish teenagers in Bible Discussion
They are precious and I have discovered so much from this opportunity to share with them.
Again, the Asian "V" pose.
Thus is the summary of my 30 days in Taize, France.
Once in a lifetime opportunity.
and I am but grateful for our amazing Father in Heaven who never fails to provide and surprise us with His Best!







Comments
Post a Comment