My Heart is Full

One thing that really cheers my heart up is when I take my time reading the newsletter I receive monthly from my friends all around the world. 
Who would have thought that by going to Texas, I will bump into fellow future missionaries, evangelists and ministers and become one myself. 

The friendships that I have made in Texas don't just stop the moment I leave that land. 5 years down the road, I am still rejoicing at how God is working through the lives of these people all around the world. The challenges they face in life are unlike those I have here back home. The culture, the people, the context are entirely different but yet we still could relate to what each other is doing because we are all serving the same God. 
Now I understand what Paul meant when he wrote these to the Ephesians... 

"For this reason, because I have heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love toward all the saints, do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers, that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him" 
Ephesians 1:15-17

I must say that these people have chosen mission over comfort. They could have easily chosen a high paying job and live a comfortable life but they are now half way around the world teaching people about Jesus. Why would they do that? 
I don't know what else could it be for if it's not because of their personal encounter with the Real and Living Christ. 

Talk about having a plan for our future, 
The heart of man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps". 

I wouldn't have thought that I would end up in Singapore, single and doing theology at this age of my life. But is there a better plan than what God has planned for us? I doubt so. 

I was just telling a friend who just quit a high paying stressful job in exchange for passion in life, "If your ultimately aim is financial progression, then yes from here on, it is a downhill; but if your ultimate aim is fulfillment in terms of what God has created you to be, then trust me, from here on it can only be uphill all the way!"

I am poor but I am fulfilled. I am really happy doing what I've been called to do! If this is all the life I get to live on earth, I can still rest in peace smiling. Because I am fulfilled. 

There is no place I'd rather be, than to be in that sweet spot where God has designed for me to be in. 

Comments